No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. So does this mean it’s better to use silica and the soap or should you just use one or the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It depends on what you want or what you need. Silica is also a hardener so if you need/want stronger stems then go with the silica. If you don’t want or need hardening go with soap. If you want to illicit systemic defenses go with saponins. These are all tools, you just need to know how and why to weild them. If you are using stuff like spinosad or bt, use it alone as recommended on the label.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey ladies and gents how many worms do you all suggest per 20 gallon smart pot? would you suggest rw or nc or a combination of both? would they survive indoors and outdoors?

4. I just throw a few worms in each pot before you know it each pot will be full of worms and I used a combination of both worms from what I understand the red wigglers will work the top part of you pot and the night crawlers will work the bottom. I would wait and see what some of the more experienced guys say but I use both in my indoor and outdoor

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I started with a hand full. Now if disturb the soil a little it starts to move my itself, lol. Just throw a handful in they will multiply and maintain numbers appropriate to the food source.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. And springtails and Rove beetles and predatory mites and....lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1:1 is my go to ratio. It does emulsify awesome, and sprays on real thick and easy. Glad you like it. It has also turned into my go to soap after working. Its also outstanding for ipm ing dogs and leaving them smelling good.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ficky is spot on. :)
    I use lots of horsetail to build compost, and then add rice hulls when making vmc. I feel this more than accounts for any silica I would need, so I don't look for that in agsil. Remember that if you want silica from agsil, it can be in a soil drench and doesn't have to be in a foliar.
    The Doc Bronners soap used alone at higher concentrations in foliar can be used to irradicate (smother) scale bugs and other pests. (1 Talespoon per quart of water).
    DB Soap is absolutely the best surfactant/ wetting agent I have used. Even better in function than aloe.
    I use aloe/ water for seedling /small plant foliar ipm. Doc Bronners/ neem for veg/ early flower foliar ipm. If I have to spray neem past a few weeks into flower, that is when I use agsil as an emulsifier, as I feel it leaves less trace.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sorry guys, been reading for a while and cant seem to find my notes about which barley I'm looking for. I have everything else, with the exception of worms, to get a few 30 gal up and running. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Iirc, I am looking for the lightest malt? I cant really remember is the issue.

10. any of them but if you can find organic all the better. The cheapest for me was Great Western 2-row for about $38.00 for a 50lb bag. Don't forget to mill/grind/blend it before you use it but only as much as you will use. Grind fresh every use.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Get the lightest you can find like a pilsner or pale ale as the darker ones lose some enzymes in the toasting process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Thanks fellas. And for those who are not aware, the barley needs to be ground fresh each use because the ground product rapidly loses enzymes when exposed to air. Great thread btw, pumped to get my ass away from bottled crap!

13. I was wondering why I don't see any mention of bat quanos in the No-till soil I have been getting yellowing even though I have the MoFo Soil mixed to a tea, following the watering schedule pretty closely except i ran out of fulpower recently (last 2 weeks). So I was thinking a nitrogen bat quanos would be a quick fix... Just wondering why we don't use it or what it would do to the soil food web

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've never used bat guano before, but I'm not opposed to it. Heard it works fast and good. It better, for the price people ask. I've read you should know your source because guano can have some sustainability issues with the way it's harvested. Down to Earth stuff looks good. I think the food web would eat it up yum.
    Although for quick yellowing fixes I like fish hydrolysate/TM-7/fulvic. I think it's more cost effective. Available N and iron..... "It's what keeps grass green!"

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Thanks for the quick response, you bringing up tm-7 reminds me I have yet to use that in the watering schedule I'll have to grab that the next time I'm at the grow shop, been talking the owner into buying all types of organic amendments lately, I feel good when i think about one person i can get to go Organic. All these people pumping salts and dumping ruined soil or poisened water into nature.
    GCO All the way baby!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was driving around all day in LA trying to find some ag lime...impossible. Even some nurseries have stopped carrying. Da faq?
    If the growshops carried some rock products they'd get more of my business. Until I start having bulk bags shipped anyway. I have started seeing a lot more dry fertilizer meals there which is a good sign.
    Yeah, TM-7 is good stuff for a fix. My plants were in temps up to 114F, just after a transplant from 20 to 45 gallons. We've been 95+ for a couple weeks. Just dipped into the low 90's...feels cool now lol. Anyway my plants got super hungry after the heat and here they are today after I fed them some fish hydrolysate/TM-7/Fulvic/yucca. It did the trick last time I saw some yellowing and always perks them up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wow Green as can be! Most of my plants are green and healthy some on the darker side but they're are some leaves low and high that start to turn yellow and even start to get necrotic....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Was just wondering because of the looks of those leaves, if you added lime to your soil mix?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just the gypsum in mofo's mix.... I bought lime after I mixed most of my soil but never added it.

20. You think it's a cal-mag deficiency? How do I go about fixing that?

By Cal mag I mean the pH is off so it's not being able to take in calcium magnesium, I know there is plenty with the crab and oyster shell I put in there... I split the Cup per cu ft of crab with half a cup of oyster shell for the diversity