No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Looks like I’ll be placing a order here soon thanks for all the help prepper

• Like Like x 1
  2. in the recipe you suggested it doesn't say ewc only compost and i plan to use this brand its from a local source near me

Leafgro 1.5-cu. ft. Leaf Compost-LEAF - The Home Depot

This is what i plan to use as my soil mix.
    Equal parts:
    CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss)
    Aeration (Pumice/Lava rock)
    Compost - Homemade is best but Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:
    1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja meal
    1/2 - 1 cup Kelp meal
    1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
    1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
    2 cups rock dust
    6-8 cups Biochar
    1 cup lime (oyster shell flower, dolomite...)

***Small handful of worms per container***

3. I recently acquired some Lily of the Valley Aloe Vera Gel. Does anyone on here use it in their watering mix ? Coot said that he used it as part of a cloning gel mixture so I figured I'd give it a try. My issue is that i'm not sure how concentrated the gel is and i'm therefore not sure how much to use in a gallon of water.

4. Not familiar with this brand but on the description is says "Contains a blend of composted leaves and grass clippings" which sounds good if that is indeed what its made of.

5. I'm on my first round with the pond liner, haven't even watered to runoff yet so haven't gotten to test it out at all. What I can say is it doesnt seem to use water at much different of a rate than the tent I have with a similar sized body of soil and a regular mylar flood tray liner underneath.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 1/4c aloe gel/gallon water

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thanks Waktoo.

8. 8th week No-till, think I'm getting too big for these 7 gallons again!!
    Decided not to water with that alfalfa steeped tea. Didn't want it to burn them

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I went and picked me up some of the Dr Bronners soap and will never use the agsil again for my IPM sprays it mixes almost intsantly. How much of the soap do you use per gallon? I’ve been using it at 1:1 with neem and haven’t had problems

10. #12610 Joe_Dirt23, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    I was under the impression they were completely different inputs and that you would want both. The Dr. Bronners is just a wetting agent I thought. It does not contain silicate. The agsil is your silicate imput and does nothing as a wetting agent. Of course it doesn't help emulsify your ipms. It is not a wetting agent (soap or saponins). 2 completely different inputs for different uses. You would want both I think. I use soap nuts as my wetting agent and potassium silicate (agsil) for my silicate.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. You make a very good point I guess I was more trying to compare them apples to apples when there not silica brings different things to the table thanks for the corrections

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I thought Agsil was an emulsifier, too, along with the aloe saponins.

What is a wetting agent? It sounds like something simple is told with exquisite words. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. :smoking-banana:
    A wedding agent breaks the waters surface tension allowing your water to spread and stick instead of turning into little drops on the surface of what you are spraying.:smoking-banana:
    Or is a wedding agent someone who sells weddings???

• Like Like x 2
  14. Silica contains no saponins but IS an emulsifier and should be able to emulsify oil on its own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Now I get it guys!

16. Hiho y’all

I’m 4 weeks into my fourth run in my 15 gallon notill.
    Between every run I Add back the unused plant material with Worm compost and barley straw
    I’ve followed the aloa, coconut, malted barley, for the first 3 runs.
    This time it’s basically water only.
    What I’ve noticed is that as the runs went on,the mulch layer has grown reaching the top of the 15 gallon and is now “domeing”.
    If I’m not wary when watering, the water will literally run off the pot.
    Still have weeks till finish, but when done I was thinking of pulling back some mulch layer and removeing some of the soil underneath to make more space for mulching.
    This is the only way I can see to lower the mulch layer.
    if I do the add back of plant material and worm compost for next cycle I’m sure it will literally roll off the pot due to the domeing effect.
    Thoughts and ideas???
    Thanks

17. Take the dome to a new compost bin, if you have the space to do it.

18. Can you fit a 20gal? Lol

19. Wish I could but my 18x18 ( inches) grow space won’t let one fit...

So are you saying to just level out the dome and Add that to my compost pile??

Farmfriendly