No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. I've got 3 in a 25 gallon pot that works pretty good.

Solo

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. if you use only cones probably 3, or get 1 cone and a bunch of their slave drippers. im probably going to get myself some of those slaves after i finish my current run, i think they can do a better job and keeping the soil hydration uniform.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I remember coot saying a while back its preffered to have 3 Maxi-cones at 12, 4, & 8 closer to the edge of the container and 3 Standard cones at 10, 2, & 6 closer to the stalk of the plant. 6 cones per container was super expensive when considering large scale so I avoided it. But have always wanted to use them, so if I could get away with a configuration that requires less emitters I'd be happy.

I will still be top watering occasionally so there will be added help and not solely dependant on the blumats.

4. Take a TBSP and add to 12oz water and that reconstituted pure coconut water - from there use 1/4 cup per gal.

• Like Like x 9
  5. I've made multiple runs with my setup. Seems to work fine to me. If you're concerned, get some of the slave drippers that have been discussed. I've got some, just never set them up. Everything seems to work, so why mess with it?

Solo

• Like Like x 3
  6. What's yours guys preference for trimming? Wet or dry?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dry

• Like Like x 9
  8. I like wet trimming but im forced to dry trim because of the stupid dryness we have up here. Its like 10-20% constant. I need a Humidifier for dryingXD

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  9. I usually prefer dry. When your buds are just feeling a little crispy, and will break off of the stem is when I like them. Use rubber gloves and just brush most of the sugar leafs right off. Then into 1/2 gallon mason jars with 62% boveda packs.

Solo

• Like Like x 11
  10. Should I add gypsum before I do my next run? Should I go for pellets or powder if I'm going to mix it in right before planting?

11. #1251 AgnesDawgz, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    It doesn't matter as far as prilled (pellets) vs. powder. The binder is simply clay that releases the material as soon as water hits it. This is a safety deal imposed by EPA so you'll find over the next year or so that more and more retail (i.e. consumer) products will be prilled.

Since few people wear a mask it's probably a good move by EPA...

• Like Like x 8
  12. Do you recommend that I add it to my mix? For the high sulfur? Can a soil have too much calcium?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Just make sure it's from the garden section....

Solo

• Like Like x 3
  14. #1254 AgnesDawgz, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    If you get hung-up on Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus levels and try to micromanage a garden you will fail. Absolutely and completely. One of the biggest worriers on this board had to have the factoid explained that ALL plant material contains Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and another 80 elements.

Rely on the quality of your soil recipe's ingredients.

HTH

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Does anyone here give there buds a wash off before hanging them to dry?? I have a big akita and its impossible not to get hair in my tent so of course it sticks too the resin

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. Get a durabreeze duct cover for your intake so you don't have hair in your buds but I wouldn't wash them, in my experience water just makes resin more sticky

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 2
  17. Clean ground temp water (around 45). Submerge your freshly chopped bud and agitate lightly. As long as you don't over do the agitation, you shouldn't lose many glands. Then hang dry as usual. You'll know it's worked, the water will change color to a murky brown.

Process I learned about watching a cannabis cup panel from 2014 I think. Never tried it, but it came from a highly regarded grower in the community.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Holy mole! I didn't realize there was so much going on behind the dem pure bs hashtag. Lol I tried some of their product years ago when they first came out. Flower power or something. I think it's still sitting somewhere in a tote of random hydro store crap I don't use.more than half full... I was doing compost teas at the time and didn't see any results from utilizing their product. . . . you sure know how to make friends hahaha. The sheople have spoken! Great time to be alive indeed!

19. Look at the ingredients of any one of their products. Then figure out what it would cost you to put that together.

About 10% on the dollar - see for yourself.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Cooooooooooooooot

• Like Like x 3