No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Put some tarps down on the bottom of your tent or get a hydro tray the exact size of your tent base.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don't tent's come with a waterproof floor liner? Mine did...

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's a good idea, I'll visit the local hydro store and see if they have any trays that will fit. Thanks man

4. It does have a liner on the floor but It didn't specify if it was waterproof.

5. Try it out. I'm pretty sure that's what they're for. To be clear, I'm not talking about the bottom of the tent. I'm talking about a totally separate liner with sewn corners that create a low wall that fits into the bottom of the tent. It's removable.

Or try an oil pan...

• Like Like x 5
  6. I used pond liner in my 4x4 plywood box that I converted to a 150g smartie, but if your tent came with a removable liner its almost certainly waterproof

• Like Like x 2
  7. So I’ve been battling spider mites for awhile now I have been managing there numbers but I cannot for the life of me get rid of them. I’ve been using neem, agsil, fresh aloe and some essential oils I spray every 4 days lights off. I was outside taking a smoke break today and noticed I’ve got a lot of clovers in my yard upon closer inspection all of the clovers were covered in spider mites I have a nylon stocking over the intake and inside the room I have a furnace air filter I was curious what your guys suggestions would be?

8. Look into some preditory insects. Lacewing larva maybe.

9. Do your best to identify the type of spider mites your have and any other pests. You’ll want to get the correct predator.

I use a variety of bugs in my room. Two Spotted Spider mites predators, general spider mite predator mites, green lacewing, and lots of lady bugs.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1. 4 days apart might be too long. Minimum should be 3, but if you really want to win this battle i would start with daily for ten to 14 days, then do every 3 days for a week or two. then every 4 days for a week, 5 days, and back to once a week.
    2. Add lavender spike essential oil if you dont already as it kills the eggs.
    3. Treat the clover as well, maybe even consider replacing it with something spider mites dont like as much.
    4. Get a HEPA filter to replace those stockings.

Also check out this thread you might find more info on the subject:
    Spider Mites

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. They can come in on your cloths too...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I defentily have the two spotted mites. When using predatory mites do you still do your weekly IPM sprays or can that kill them off?

• Like Like x 1
  13. @GSX-R420
    I have a 15 gallon smartie also
    I use a extra large kitty litter tray
    ( cheaper the better...)
    I put peralite in the kitty litter tray to make a SIP
    BUT DONT HAVE TO.
    The 15 gallon fits the xtra large kitty litter tray perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #12554 billlyblanks420, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Hey guys,
    Billy here wondering if a Alfalfa tea that has been soaking for 2 days would be too strong for well developed veg girls say 6-7 weeks old I added 40 ml of pro-tekt, tbsp of coconut powder, and about half a cup of Alfa pellets ground up and stirred in a five gallon bucket. I was thinking the extra triacontonal auxin would help keep the stretch down as I transition to flower.
    As always any insight would be appreciated, I have learned so much from these two threads alone

15. Does anyone have any websites they can recommend to buy soil amendments? Iv been eyeing buildasoil.com looks legit. Is it? They sell a bunch of things I need minus amendments like neem, kelp, crab, and other thing like biochar.Also can you plant the seed straight in no-till or do I have to transplant. I’m growing auto and I don’t like to transplant when growing autos.

16. #12556 colby_420, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018

Thanks Scoob I’ll be hitting them hard for the next few weeks I’m tired of dealing with these things and the battle has just begun. I’ll be sure to get a better intake filter and to pick up some lavender spike.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I
    I’ve ordered from them several times and I’ve always been satisfied. I’ve always had better luck starting my seeds in solo cups with a mix of 1/9 mix of castings/peat and cut that with 40% perlite I believe this is the same mix scoob uses or used to use. I also find this to be true with clones I feel like when i plant straight into no-till mix takes longer to bounce back. You just have to find what works best for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks man where do you order you kelp and neem from??

19. I order all of my amendments from build a soil in fact they have a soil building kit that already has all the amendments you need in it. I’m sure there may be cheaper options however I do it for convience can order all my amendments all in one stop.

20. I
    saw they have the kits but wasn’t sure if it was worth buying. Are they all mixed together or is it individual?