No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Do you take hot showers? Because you might have a problem and not even know it! :bolt:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. I don’t get it??

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. No going to lie, this Wedding Cake BX1 fucks me up, so strong!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  4. Nice looking buds
    I'm partial to joints myself - I hope that burns slow...I'm coming over lol

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. According to the article, one of the symptoms from this alleged disease is an obsession with hot showers :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I think that’s a female obsession, every woman I’ve ever been with takes the hottest showers, crazy hot. Shit would burn my skin lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. How do you get 0 larf, and all 1st grade premium nugs with a 6 foot plant ? Doesnt even look like you lollipop or defol either. Just curious...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Those are LST, so I limit the amount of vertical spears so they aren’t crowded and plenty of light penetration. Everything below canopy gets cleared and before the plant gets flipped they should be healed (if you did pruning) and healthy. This is also dependent on genetics. I’m not a huge fan of defoliate or lollipop. Just not my bag.

• Like Like x 7
  9. I switched to Neem tooth paste a while back. Won't use anything else any more. It's THAT good. It's like bacon but for your teeth!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. My wife takes cold showers ... she's so hot she needs to cool off!! :coffee:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Pics or it ain’t true....:smoking-rapper:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I've never had a mushroom grow in my pots before, but now I have two. I'm not exactly in mushroom territory.
    Thinking it's because of the bark fine/pine needle mulch. It's only in the pots that have a clover patch.
    Both came up where the bark and needles meet the clover must be the best micro-climate.
    They grow fast - first day I saw it:
    [​IMG]
    On the third day
    [​IMG]
    The new one in a different pot
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  13. How bout some weed pics? I'll start

Guawi
    [​IMG]
    Panama x Bangi Haze
    [​IMG]
    Kali China
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. Why mulch pine needles? Is it a matter of mulch diversity?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Pine bark/fines/needles seem to be good places for mycelium to grow in. Think forest floor and all that. It's a good sign I think. The mushrooms are just the fruit, they only show when conditions are good for reproduction.
    That said, I steer clear of pine bark due to the Nitrogen thing. I have a different idea about "mulch"... I think its a verb not a noun. I guess its just me.

Do I mulch my garden with mulch? or Do I mulch my garden with compost?

Very confusing. I'm going with composting my garden with mulch.... wait! :passtheshit:
    Let have a think on it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Why not? Pine needles make good mulch. Take forever to break down. You can put it on thick, stays put, and it breathes well.

Yes it's for diversity/sustainability but also to rep my area and to give it a unique flavor just my own. Yes, we all use the same recipes and lots of the same additions, but what we mulch with and the environments we grow in add a different, tangible dimension to the character of our flowers. The Tangie I grew a season ago tasted like none I ever had before. It had the citrus taste and smell up front, but also had this taste I couldn't describe as anything but 'heat' and 'dryness' followed by this earthy spice that lingered like an oil in your mouth. I'd lick my lips and taste it again, really stayed with you. Actually made your mouth feel dry when it wasn't.
    I also return the whole plant after harvesting. From my yard I use small sticks, leaves, frontier plants. From the natural area in the mountains I gather an invasive species (giant reed) and others - whatever I get in my area.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I think the robbing nitrogen thing only applies to it being mixed into the soil as part of the mix or within the first few inches, not resting on top. I may be mistaken.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pine bark mulch/fines is a whole different animal than either the needles and especially the wood.

I avoid the wood totally, either chips or sawdust, unless totally rotted like deadfall limbs and such.

No experience using the needles as mulch. Got plenty in the yard from 2 - 75'+ pines and due to the waxy coating take forever to break down.

I do use the pine bark mulch both as mulch and the fines as a component of my mix. Just the way I was taught to make the mix in 1972 and the only problems arose when I left them out after listening to an internet "expert". Just did that once and went back to adding them. Used to be able to get graded pine bark fines, but haven't seen them in many years. The mulch is pretty close though, in size.

Wet

• Like Like x 6
  19. Hey Wet, I've really never seen the "fines" although I know you use it with good result. But I think most of the junk I see in stores advertised as such looks a lot like wood chips to me.
    Can you post of pic or 2 of what you use please?

I have a cottage in Ontario - its remote and need a boat to get there so going down to the local nursery is like a 1/2 day round trip and that's the fast version. So picking up ingredients is a lot of work. We have a few flower beds already going but with the new laws about to take place I'm in the process of building a new flower bed to grow our favorite weeds in. Prolly this year I'm going to plant a 70 day AUTO flower and harvest in September.

We've already started a compost pile last year where our new garden is going to be. We added a shit ton of white and red pine needles. About the only "found" resource I don't have to get in the boat to go get. Also have Peat Bogs close by... another question for another time on them. That shit looks like black gold to me.. Jethru Bo Dean style for real.

Anyway back to the pine needles. They seem to be the only thing around that is composting enough to make any amount of soil on top of the granite our cottage is on. To get rock dust we actually have a fire ring on top of the granite and after the fire we collect the ashes and all the sandy fine dust left from the heat of the fire. Which actually breaks down the granite into layers which is pretty cool, with the dust left over. Just sweep all the dust along with ashes and onto the compost pile with pine needles and the few leaves we find and of course our food scraps.

We are heading up to the cottage this weekend and hoping to see a nice pile of soil ready for planting. The pine needles we raked up are all varying ages new to much older stuff.

Will I need to add anything else. I'm going to take up a bucket of the Coots amendments and throw that on this year. Is there anything else that's "found" in these pine forests that are good for soil building? At home its easy, just go to the local nursery and spend money.
    At the cottage its more of living with what we can get from nature. I'm sure there's a bounty of shit... When I look at those peat bogs and all the goodness... its really amazing what they support as far as wildlife, fish and plants/animals..

• Like Like x 2
  20. "Anything else?" How about fish waste after cleaning fish?
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1