No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. nice prepper! is this concentrate made with a warm press? i have some mid grade flowers and i wanna juice it and dump the rest.

• Like Like x 3
  2. That’s trim I pressed at 220F over 3 mins. Well, a few gals of trim to make all this, lol. Flower is way to valuable to me to press, but I got loads of trim to play with!! Good clean dabs, smooth, no coughing, even on the big hits. Tasty but nothing really stands out about the flavor.

• Like Like x 2
  3. as i see it, id spread it over peanut butter and strawberry jam. :tacos:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I believe it's the heat that boils off terpenes which causes loss of flavor. I've done the 190 wash and boiling it down caused loss of flavor in the dabs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Once I get my welder back I plan on making a rosin press outta some threaded rod and steel plates

• Like Like x 1
  6. yeah i'm looking some @ ebay right now. wandering if the press has to be labeled as "rosin". there are some other press types ie "cap press" which heat one plate only.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hydraulic press, bearing press, all could be modified to work for making rosin, that's where a welder and cutting torches come in handy

• Like Like x 4
  8. Made this last night pressing with sugar leaf trim.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. Made my own press. 10 ton press from princess auto. Temp controller (PID) and cartridge heaters from fleabay. Aluminum plates from a localmetal supplier I drilled out by self. Paid $300 Cad. all in.[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Fuck yeah!! That's awesome

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think I paid around 1k for mine. Plate kit was from 710snob. Make sure to use aluminum plates unless you can spring for silver! Much better heat transfer than steel.

I use "b" buds for pressing the temp varies w the strain I'm using. I'm going to kif all my trim eventually and try pressing it. IMG_20180208_203541123.jpg IMG_20180120_141406483_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1609 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I found I needed to lay the hydraulic pump and handle horizontally and it made it alot easier to get it up to ten tons. Have you had a hard time with it?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lol, exactly as you describe it. However I find as soon as I go over 5 tons I get bleed through on the parchment and I get a little on the plates. It's weird, no blow out or ripping of the parchment, but I find it bleeds through when I go over 5 tons. I have been meaning to take the pump and lay it down.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice setups!! I'll be building a much cheaper simpler model like this not sure what I'll be using for heat yet...

• Like Like x 3
  15. I haven't had that happen. What brand of parchment? Are you using bags and pre-pressing material? How quickly are you taking it to 5 ton? Are you using 3x3 plates? If so there really shouldn't be a need to push it much past 5 ton anyways.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm using Costco parchment. I'm not using bags. I am pre pressing my material. After pre press I find a couple specs of material gets in the rosin, which are easily removed with a toothpick. Bags would probably produce a cleaner product but I'm cheap and I'm not selling it so good enough for me. I press 10 g's at a time. My plates are 4x4. I give it 30 seconds of it just kissing the plates then pumping slowly till I reach 5 tons. It is really small amount which ends up on the outside of the parchment. I have to chalk it up to the parchment being poor quality. It must be some what porous at that pressure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. My 2 year old compost pile, got some gardening to do today! :yay:weather is finally outta the 30s at night 20180521_113015.jpg 20180521_113036.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Anyone know what kind of mushroom/fungus that is?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Was curious if any of you guys are running blumats and if so do you run RO water? Can you use RO water in the no till setup? I’ve been running well water for about a year now getting ready to setup some blumats in my 4x8 beds but I’m worried hard well water will just clog it right up I just hate the amount of water that is wasted with RO.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I didnt realize most of his products are IPM oriented and i do appreciate him putting out a quality product for anyone who needs it, id buy his stuff in a heartbeat if i didnt have the time to make it myself.

I'll just throw in my 2c since i see my remark stirred up a little dust devil.
    First of all I am eternally grateful to Bluejay (AKA MOFO) for the copious amounts of information he shared with us in these forums. In my eyes he started a revolution showing many of us things can be done differently, and the message was always revolving around sustainability and self reliance. Showing us how we can break from the chains of the popular cannabis growing mentality of having to rely on manufactured products.
    Again, he gave us the blueprint for success and for that I am always grateful!

I also have absolutely no qualms about him making a living producing his products as there is indeed a lack of quality in the market and I know he puts in the effort to make the best there is.

Actually my remark was not about Bluejay at all but rather about my own desire to be self reliant as much as possible. As you say, not everyone has the time or patience so there is nothing wrong with paying someone else to do it for you. I will however say I dont feel like its appropriate to "push" (for lack of a better word) his products on this thread (by anyone) since its somewhat against the grain of what this thread initially represented. I know it wasnt mentioned as a way to advertise and I'm not saying this is taboo by any means, and if anyone on here were having trouble preparing their own IPM (for lack of time or otherwise) and were seeking advice id most definitely recommend his products. id just rather keep it as that, a response to a problem.

I'll just add that although it would be awesome if he shared his recipes with us and I'd be lying if i said i wasnt very interested in learning his recipes so i can make them for myself, I am in no way in the opinion that he is or should be obliged to do so. Bluejay shared more then anyone could want in these forums with us and I am forever grateful and humbled by his contribution.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1