No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. @MountainOrganics

Just a few clarification questions...

In your original post amendments were per sq ft of COMPOST, this is still true right? Not total volume?

Back to the malted barley.. Lol. Pre-powdered is not what I want? I wanted malted barley that I then grind before using? Or does it not matter? The brew store went out of business around here

Finally, any additional ipm for caterpillars? Or are they covered?

Thanks so much for all your info, I'm really exited about building 2 4x20 no till beds in my greenhouse this year! I have wanted to make the switch for some time but always needed some amount of instructional that you were nice enough to provide!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. I haven't used it in a few years now but I have had some really excellent results with it in the past.

I'm honestly not sure why storing it outside would be a bad thing anyhow - it's compost...

J

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sweet backlighting

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Did it say anything about a roll in the hay? :ey: :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Or that they keep it covered year round to avoid it going anaerobic? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Where do you guys get your aloe powder and coconut powder? I can get everything locally except basalt, bio char, and the powders mentioned above. I'll probably just make the bio char but where can I get the other stuff? I'm in illinois

Smokeandflys' organics

• Like Like x 3
  7. For Aloe Vera 200XX, Organic, food-grade - IngredientsToDieFor.com

No idea on the coconut water deal.

• Like Like x 7
  8. At the places where the organic farmers buy their compost, it's outdoors, with a tarp suspended over it for the rain.

If it were in a bag no one would touch it. Worst way to store a huge volume of compost...

• Like Like x 7
  9. Freeze dried Coconut water:

Upayanaturals.com

Znaturals.com

• Like Like x 11
  10. #1111 Darphus, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I have this one strange Green Crack from seed, I did not pinch this. This is how it grew. I wonder if the genetic that caused this will affect the end product? It looks like two of the three nodes are going to split on their own too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Please, excuse my delayed response.

You already know my position on compost and commercial compost.

But this scenario is already done. What can be done to "fix" this?

First off I wouldn't plant directly into it unless further processed. Cover crop / sacrificial crop that's all more than good enough. Check!

Mulch and Fulvic acids, another big plus!
    The Fulvic acids alone turn your potting soil into something closer to an ancient forest.

What I would do in addition is only two things, first I'd add a compost tea (I can hear the moaning and groaning already). The point is to add the right biology, you cannot expect to get quality microbiology from a commercial compost. This is not required it's just insurance, to make sure the proper biology is there.

I would find three sources of the best compost I can get (Neighbors, friends, whatever), and two sources of native humus from the biggest best looking trees in your area with heavy leaf litter and deep humus. Then sift all the samples and homogenize equally and make your ACT from that to ensure you have a range of beneficial microbiology.

Finally, seed it with worms. Let them cycle through it all for a while and you should come away with something pretty solid.

I'd say you already have a pretty start, it would only help to have a few more helping hands (microbes n worms)

Aloha n best wishes
    SD

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono

• Like Like x 17
  12. I don't doubt that CoM has had their share of anaerobic compost stored outside but it's hardly a reason to stay away from them. Anaerobes die off when o2 levels reach 5% and up. Once liberated from the bag and turned a time or two, the oxygen will turn it right back into a viable compost.

^^^^Word^^^^

• Like Like x 26
  13. Yes I live in Colorado, I am sure Way to Grow has good prices on all Down To Earth products, lots of sources out here for growing supplies. I even had a place in Denver drive up here 30 min to deliver me 10 gallons of fresh earthworm castings... I think it cost me like $3 a gallon delivered and fresh. I will take your word on kelp4less, but do you think its worth scrapping the bag of their so called fulvic powder and buying some fulpower? Thats what I am about to do, maybe i will sell it on ebay lol. Their is actually a BaS distributor here in my town stuff is easy to get if you wanna pay. I guess im lucky to be in CO. Thanks for your info.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  14. Absolutely - 100% on that and if you're going to be using powdered malted barley (or other malted grains), you'll be paid back in spades by the enhanced enzymes. You'll be amazed.

• Like Like x 11
  15. He's my favorite weed writer - just an amazing individual! The father of marijuana cultivation as we know it today.

• Like Like x 13
  16. Didn't they say FulPower is preferred over Fulvic acid? Or is FulPower Fulvic acid?

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  17. "When inquiring to the Company directly they said they store their bags outside, uncovered and see no problem with it. That's cutting corners"

I honestly curious why it would be a bad idea to store compost outdoors?

I have no doubt whatsoever that your compost is better - homemade always is, but that certainly wouldn't make CoM a bad product.

J

• Like Like x 9
  18. One in the same.

J

• Like Like x 4
  19. what do you guys think of this Dairy Doo compost? Can get it pretty easy and its cheap. Haven't been able to find anything better so far.

• Like Like x 1