No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Hey guys, been off the forums for a bit. Been super crazy out here in CA. I've been running the Maya for a little bit now and I'm popping 4 gonzo packs when they arrive this week. The Maya is a goddess. One of the best strains I've grown ever. Mofo really knows what they're doing and their strains seem to outperform basically everything I've grown. They seem to be ideal for no till. Obviously that sounds weird because in theory every plant should do better in no till, but lots of the beans were buying were bred out in coco and hydro.... I have a theory that affects the actual DNA of the offspring.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. #10602 maineah, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    :coffee: Theory, yes, but probably true. If you select based on performance and characteristics growing in some odd mix with chemicals and poisons, then you get what you asked for. Bolt That's why I like cultivars from SubCool, bread and selected growing in super "soil"... I am using Coots mix in a sub-irrigated indoor 2x10 foot bed with cree 3500K Growmau5 diy lights. Just before my 2nd harvest, a friend commented that ' You do a good job keeping your plants clean of yellowing leaves.' I had to laugh and tell him I had not removed a single one. Everything was green green green right to the end! :pimp:

• Like Like x 4
  3. I noticed this too!! Hands down the healthiest plant in my garden, coloring is much darker in the leaves, stayed dark green all the way through.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Good to hear you have great success with this strain. When I contacted MOFO he recommended Maya specifically as his best and most stable offering. Can you elaborate on the smoke effects. THX

• Like Like x 3
  5. Very cerebral but very narcotic. Definitely a sativa leaner but much more hybridized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Also, just a heads up, not sure if you guys saw on instagram. If any of you are running any mofos that come from the Colombian Gold lineage, it's actually a starfighter cut.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Right? it's basic science that environment has a direct affect on DNA. Another thing I find interesting about the breeders breeding out in hydro mediums... the ph you grow in is extremely different. That being said, wouldn't you think that would affect the desired ph of the offspring? Amongst other factors...

8. Thinking about just buying and running all mofo packs from now on... honestly some of the best herb I've had and it's awesome to have strains that aren't on the commercial market. Not sure where you guys are located but out here every shop has the same 20 OGs which are most likely all phenos of the same GD Og. SMH.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Yeah, relabeled cuts is an issue for sure in legal states. Not a fan of the OG’s, huge plants, not a lot of yield. Node spacing seems to be pretty far apart on OG’s IME.

I’d grow Chocolate Mint OG again though, so powerful, two puffs and I’m putting the joint down.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Never heard of that cut before! Know the lineage?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ok
    Ok
    I have googled for
    MoFo seed packs and found tomatoe seeds???
    Can anyone hep me find the MoFo seeds that’s being chitchated about??
    Thanks...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Check mountain organics on Instagram. He will set ya in the right direction if you message him. He has a few distributors now I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. I got the Maya going right now. I'm loving this plant so far [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  14. By Humboldt Seeds. “This elite and powerfully cerebral hybrid selection came from the fusion of two iconic California strains. The original “crippy” OG Kush from the late 90’s cut, brought together with the timeless classic of Northern California, Granddaddy Purple. Through vigorous and meticulous selection we discovered a flavor profile like never before.”

• Like Like x 3
  15. What’s the word on mycobutanil contamination? I’ve just heard it can propagate to final product if it was only on the mother plant. Side note, anyone squared the California adult use regs with no till yet? They have a chart somewhere on allowable levels. Anyone done safety testing on no till yet?

• Like Like x 1
  16. She is looking fantastic and so strong. Well done indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Working in that now.... but yes myclobutanil can be systemic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks! She's been an easy plant to grow so far. Drinks a lot but not picky with over/under watering. I saw what appeared to be a slight magnesium deficiency earlier. I threw down some EWC and kelp and it appears to be cleared up now. I also water with mofos tonic when I feel it needs it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Ahhhhh
    Now I gotta download and figger out instagram...
    errrrrrr
    Thanks for the info!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1