No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. The colder weather kinda slowed the uptake of water as well towards the end which didn' help my cause

2. Do you happen to add EWC with your topdressings? I didn't have any probs with fungus gnats this round, and besides changing my mulch to a thick straw-type, the only thing I did different was mix everything with EWC when I topdressed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. I did but not my personal worm poop I just recently started making my own vermicompost. I was using wiggleworm castings which seems like alot of sand and stones tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #10264 Jay_R_1787, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    I figured the chitin from the malted barley would cause the larva to be born premature without the exoskeleton but I musta been too far along with the cycles to the point you couldn't look around without seeing a couple dozen gnats* per square foot.

5. No sir. MBP is proven to increase mitosis and doesn't negatively affect worms. Matter of fact it makes them reproduce more rapidly. I'm talking swarms.

• Like Like x 2
  6. #10266 Jay_R_1787, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    I meant the fungus gnats larva oops lol somewhere I read about the chitin will cause the larva to be born without a proper exoskeleton making them die easily.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also if you put too much mbp in worm bin you can hit 150°f lol I did this when I first got my bin....oops good thing I caught it in time and had several bins attached to the hut. The were all in the bottom bin hiding from the heatwave I created.

8. Cut my run today. Root aphids sure shreds your yield.. im guessing ill get about a third of what i would normally would, hoping for a pound.

I havent tested yet but by the looks i would say the quality is top despite the aphids.

Ill post pics in a bit

9. Also i cut early because i have shoulder surgery in two weeks so i have to make the work now.

Im interested, how much do you potentially lose (in weight) by cutting when about 15%clear and 85% cloud rather than when seeing some amber?

10. I use lots of Neem cake (once every 11 days top dress) and I dedicate a fan to the crown of the plant. It seems to keep them at bay but I always have 2-3 flying around.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Guys what's our take on ants? I've been seeing a couple every time I've looked at the pots.
    Methinks I might have ant hill in one or both of my 7 gal smarties.

Anyone have any ideas...
    Not too worried just saying...

12. Hello ALL,

this is my first time and I am very happy to be here because I have heard so good about this community.

I wish to share my gratitude with @Mofo and you all ! Now I fell I am really doing good gardening. NOTILL is amazing. No bottles anymore. yeah!!!

from 2 weeks now I am following the basic receipt shared here but with no smart-pots unfortunately but it is really amazing to see how health the plants are. The plants are a homemade crosses between seeds from Jamaica.

I will try to use the same concept shared here in my whole garden which has many fruit trees and grass.

may all of you have a good harvest :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Get rid of them ASAP. I know from first hand experience that they have the potential to fuck things up, they gave me root aphids (probably)

There are beneficial nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) to rid of them without harming plants or soil.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Screenshot_20171116-143710.png is this true for fungus gnats as well?

15. Lmfao I was still under the effects of edibles and i barely remember and i guess my brain was fried. I see now looking back. It just takes time. BTI, spinosad, neem cake, nematodes, etc. Eventually enough ewc and good soil life thay bad guys wont exist.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Thanks lol good old edibles....makes me wanna make some some fruity pebble treats.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 20171116_154728.jpg 20171116_155021.jpg wind trap

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. It depends on the species I got large red ants that like to inhabit the res on my SIPs once I move them out. Once the plant is harvested I pull the planter and rise off the wicks ants and eggs are gone in 24hrs. It’s the perfect environment for them to raise young. They never cause me any issues in the garden. I’ve used Taro liquid and peppermint to keep them in check.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lol those are flies printed on the cards I'm not sure why maybe it attracts the others? If I had gnats that big I wouldn' have a chance at growing anything lol

• Like Like x 2