1. Win a Cloud Pen 3.0 Vaporizer Bundle Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Organic Growing' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. #10221 MajorToker, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Female. Those sir are called seed bracts.

Fuego!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. They also make a killer pesto sauce

3. #10223 brazel, Nov 12, 2017
    Well that's also the tree line go up even higher on the mountain and there won't be trees.
    I understand when will make a tree grow deeper and stronger roots and a stronger trunk but you think that's all happening in 3 months?

4. Yeah and I also understand by super cropping and breaking the branch you make it stronger!
    I was on a good one that night ha

5. Ha yeah I was on a good that night! What can I say!? Even my dump fan moves the plants! Haha that fun guy is awesome! Never know where it will take me. I totally understand that wind creates a stronger tree it makes a better root system and stronger trunks.

But I do wonder how much of that can take place in such a small time frame?

6. On another note stress is a double edged sword.

Stress is a natural physical and mental reaction to life experiences. Everyone expresses stress from time to time. Anything from everyday responsibilities like work and family to serious life events such as a new diagnosis, war, or the death of a loved one can trigger stress. For immediate, short-term situations, stress can be beneficial to your health. It can help you cope with potentially serious situations. Your body responds to stress by releasing hormones that increase your heart and breathing rates and ready your muscles to respond.Yet if your stress response doesn’t stop firing, and these stress levels stay elevated far longer than is necessary for survival, it can take a toll on your health. Chronic stress can cause a variety of symptoms and affect your overall well-being. Symptoms of chronic stress include

7. #10227 MajorToker, Nov 12, 2017
    Yeah i cant agree that exposing your plant to real life stress to trigger hormone releases is beneficial. I will however keep chitin in my soil at all times to trick the plant into releasing the hormones while not actually taking damage from stress. A lot of leaf damaging stresses have huge impact on final yield. Wind burn, uv or heat stress, as well as defoliation are prime examples.

A plant undergoing certain stresses would release VOCs. These VOCs are a dinner bell to pestilence. Some can stunt a plant and surrounding plants growth. Thats why we avoid stagnant air pockets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I read and to me it seems to go either way

9. plant cover crop, throw a battery led light in there! Don't forget to keep it moist.
    The cover crop and water keep building your SFW. It will grow through... something's we'll never know... like where does the moon go at night and how does posi traction work!?

10. I can tell you how posi traction works lol! Positraction is a type of limited slip. The name "positraction" was used by General Motors for their limited slip differential and the name has been associated with limited slips for many years. Automatic Lockers: Lockers (mechanical locking differentials) provide 100% transfer of power to both drive wheels.

Car wheels spin at different speeds, especially when turning. ... But the driven wheels are linked together so that a single engine and transmission can turn both wheels. If your car did not have a differential, the wheels would have to be locked together, forced to spin at the same speed.

Happy Growing!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. #10231 Jay_R_1787, Nov 12, 2017
    Not too bad of a haul I got four 12 foot lines of buds drying from one cmh 315
    Edit pic didn' load

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dry run totals. I gave up on jars.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Welp
    Opened the cab this morning and found " brown tips" on my leaves.
    Been looking great up till today and the brown tips are the only issue.
    Being from hydro background brown tips is a indication of over fertilization.
    However
    I have regifted all my bottle ferts months ago.

In Week 6 of bloom
    Soil: coots mix amendments from build a soil
    1/3- spm
    1/3- compost/ewc
    1/3- lava rock/ bio char/ pumice

Aloa Vera, Kelp, coconut powder, recharge, humid, insect frass, MBP amendments.

I've stopped useing the insect frass 5 days ago

214 total watts led light.:
    100 watts Cree
    114 watts mars hydro 300

Is it possible to overfert in coots mix???
    Just looking for suggestions of what to do
    Thinking of watering just water for a week
    Ideas????

14. Can you upload pictures?

15. Not affecting all leaves
    Looks like just the large fan leafs but not all of them
    Those that are brown tip all look like this

16. Like this...

Attached Files:

17. #10237 MajorToker, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    You say youre 6 weeks in? Your system will have a hard time keeping up with your plants demands in your first and even second round. I wouldnt sweat it man. Mine start going about that time. Your plant has to sacrifice some sugars in organic growing. Its a potassium deficiency but i wouldnt try to correct it. I top dress a good bit of kelp my first run.

"Typical symptoms of potassium deficiency in plants include brown scorching and curling of leaf tips as well as chlorosis (yellowing) between leaf veins. Purple spots may also appear on the leaf undersides. Plant growth, root development, and seed and fruit development are usually reduced in potassium-deficient plants."

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. It looks like your soil mix is right on, everything your plants need is in there, just keep your soil evenly moist and it will take care of the plant's needs. Your not feeding your plants your feeding your soil.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #10239 tejashidrow, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Thanks
    I kinda thought it was a too much amendments type of thing.
    I too amend with a lot of kelp.
    Since this is the first run ( and my first run) in the notill it makes sence that every thing has not cycled yet thus everything is not yet available...
    I have dropped the insect frass due to seeing somewhere it can inhibit flowering.
    ( next run no frass just MBP)
    In your opinion should I keep on with the amendment routine or just go with water???
    ( I use diy protozoa water ie swamp water)

Gotta admit I grow in tight space.
    I'm manifolding with 8 - 8inch buds.
    No humidity control
    Temps are whatever the room is
    So not the perfect environment but pleasantly surprised with the ease and results so far
    Peace

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hello, I've been mulching with comfrey. Seems I got a little carried away and attracted Springtails. It was about 30 of them when I hit them with some DE to dry them out. Will that get rid of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You