No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Its just a dwc/drip hydro system isn't it? Im not sure how a no-till version would work?

And good lord, is it ugly and complicated. Imagine cleaning those things.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Check the link at the bottom of the post...

3. None taken, it's not my product and I asked for the feedback thank you. I don't agree that it's a hydro system. It's a bucket that will accommodate all mediums. It' only 15 gallons and that would be a non starter for me. I like 20, 40 gallon buckets. I do like the fact that all you have to do is fill the tank and it waters your entire garden, that would be helpful for harder to reach places.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Those contraptions on the side are for stakes, to keep branches if you are not scrogging. Rather than putting your stakes into the soil area you put them into those holes and connect branches to them to keep upright.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Good ewc made with only the finest. Thats not my "compost" just where they naturally live. The leaves fall there all year i just started adding more leaces recently. I ussually take a few handfuls and add to my 20170618_091016.jpg compost pile in my barn. Used screen from old rabbit cage to help filter out the bigger unbroken down stuff

• Like Like x 4
  6. You have some really good resources at your finger tips. Nice bro.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gardening has become quite a passion i cant imagine ever living without

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You either have the passion or you don't. All the gardeners I know, live a long time. Congrats on finding your passion, some never do.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thanks it took me awhile to build up to this but learning alot and feeling good about where my crops come from now is fuel to keep growing organic using my own amendments

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah, No Till really puts you in touch with nature. Happy for you!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alot of great people here who changed my life for the better. Im happy to have such awesome community here aleays willing to give such awesome tips and advice cheers!

• Like Like x 7
  12. Hmmm. I don't see it that way. This system is most definitely designed for hydro' growers...

The Patent Pending plastic that we use in our MEDICAL PLANTER ™® is Mold Resistant, Anti-Mildew, Antibacterial and Antimicrobial.

Lab Tested to kill 99.95% of Bacteria.

Designed to Eliminate Root Rot.

Do any of these product claims remind you of organic soil gardening?

Water feeds from the top, and drains out of the bottom. Maybe I'm missing something? I'll admit that seeing things in person is a lot different than viewing a web site. How is the water distribution attachment supposed to hydrate soil evenly?

If you prefer bigger containers and automated watering in "harder to reach places", why not go with a big-ass cloth pot/permanent "raised bed" and Blumats?

• Like Like x 7
  13. It's the same issue I raised with the owner and each bucket comes with a spigot that you can dial in the water pressure so the water flows evenly. I'm not selling these things just talking through the process to give the guy honest feedback from the most passionate growers.

I like the buckets because they're on stands, self watering. As you get older you appreciate the little things. If they were larger buckets (longer/wider) for me they'd be great.

Tired of bending and serving them water every two days. Lol

Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  14. His claim is they are designed for all mediums. I should have clarified. It dies read as u suggest.

• Like Like x 3
  15. IMG_2519.JPG
    35 gallon geoplanter adapted with 4 way 3/4" PVC corners. They are on dollies of 1" plywood dollies (not in pic). One on left is run on a SIP the right is top water with blumat meter. I flip a valve and I'm good to go.

That contraption is way too complicated. Keep It Simple. Too many parts = more shit to replace. Good business model though.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. That's awesome. I just snagged a 6x3x1 geoplanter. I was thinking of building trellis layers in a similar fashion.

It washes your microbes away and kills the remaining as advertised.:ph34r:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oh wow this is cool.

Sent from outer space...

• Like Like x 1
  18. That looks like s really thought out way to get new growers to waste money. I'm just disappointed that in this day and age they didn't think to add any wireless connectivity!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Add a Bluetooth speaker system and I'll buy it!

• Like Like x 3
  20. FTFY

Can you fill it with soil? Sure can, you can fill any thing with soil, but it's DESIGNED" for hydro with that V shaped bottom for drain, the anti life plastic, the sterile scrogging arms and most importantly the watering system which has no way to adjust itself to the hydration of the soil, and just waters all the time. Good for hydro but bad for soil.

Also I just have to laugh at the tool holding contraption on the side, it really shows they are targeting new growers with little to no experience. Do they also offer a beer holder? lol!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1