No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Hello sorry to cut in. Can someone tell me if its ok to use hydroton as my aeration? Its going into small 6 inch pots for my mother plants.

2. no its a moisture holder, not aeration.
    os

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes and I believe you're correct. I found a few with my loupe. Thanks for sharing
    I may need to eradicate that mess

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. How do you mix your Neem together? I have Dr Bonners Lavender and Protekt.

5. Mix 1tbsp neem oil with 1 or 2 tsp silica. Mix them together before add water.

Dr Bonners is certainly not organic

6. using warm water helps, especially when its cold. and i think Dr. Bronners actually IS organic.

make sure to spray at or as close to lights out as possible as light degrades neem.

• Like Like x 3
  7. lol I haven't, that place was a gold mine for information. Too bad things went south the way they did.

• Like Like x 3
  8. These are definitely a beneficial soil mites. We have then in our soils all the time. Sometimes I see them crawling on the lower stalk or around the rim of pots etc. Funny one time we had a fungus gnat infestation on one of our mothers, within the week the red mites multiplied in massive numbers so much so that the soil almost looked like it was crawling, they were all over the lower plant etc. Then about 3-4 days later no more gnats and the population of these red mites had reduced back to normal levels. I was amazed at the whole process from my observers seat. The gnats I believe were due to the top layer being moist all the time it started to grow photosynthetic algae mosses etc on it. But wow its nice to have built in soil IPM in the form of soil shredders think of all that free insect frass too

• Like Like x 14
  9. @MicrobeHerder. Same thing happened to me. Their populations increased and then bam fungus gnats were gone. I was actually happy I experienced that. It truly showed me that a healthy soil can look after itself for the most part anyway. It was quite impressive. If the mites move fast they're most likely predators at least from my understanding. @HuntAK

• Like Like x 6
  10. Thanks to everyone for the helpful information. Much appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  11. Has anyone had success using diamiscus earth to treat for thrips?
    Edit sp.

12. This pheno is smelling like sweet candy and berries. The taste from last cycle was incredible and everyone's favorite, however it is not a big producer. A huge producer of terpenes though!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  13. @HuntAK,
    I have had luck doing this. Setup blue sticky traps, spray COLD water, and blast a strong fan. Also spinosad works, but I do the other thing first. Never had em inside to date. (Knocking on wood).
    os

14. Spinosad worked for me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thank you

16. I am growing in 1 gallon smart pots in a rather small container. Will my plants have enough nutrients using the standard 1:1:1 mix of CSPM:Lava Rock:Compost with kelp, neem meal, dolomite lime, crustacean meal, gypsum and top dressed MBP?

What's the best way to grow organically in smaller pots?

17. With pots that small, you're going to find that it doesn't quite work out due to the root ball taking up the vast majority of the space in the soil. You'll need 5-7 gallon pots, at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I've flowered in 1g pots before, it can be done but don't expect much.
    I'd go 12/12 right from rooted clone. I wouldn't start from seed in 1g.

• Like Like x 2