No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. The property I maintain
    0325161055_HDR.jpg 0325161338_HDR.jpg 0325161409a_HDR.jpg 0325161407a_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 32
  2. Bluejay I have a few questions regarding your watering schedule if you don't mind?

first, if i understand correctly on new soils you apply neem kelp tea every watering cycle (11 days) instead of every 4-6 weeks?

second, i personally like to base my schedule of inputs on a weekly or bi-weekly time frame, as i have a hard time maintaining odd day count schedules. if you had to choose between condensing your schedule into 7 days or stretch it into 14, which would you choose? and assume the plain water days are not needed since blumats are installed.

and last, well not a question but i just want to make sure i understand. in a well established no-till you utterly and completely stop to apply any tea, including neem tea and coconut water? ever? can NTG get any better?
    :metal:

• Like Like x 10
  3. First time participating in a forum , I follow MO and CCs Instagram, and have read a lot of the old threat, but i think this one will be amazing, thanks to MO, CC and everyone in the No-Till community for sharing so much info and love! the lasts months have been for me an incredible journey into NTG, I have 4 - 5 Gal dirt pots in their 5th and 4th cycle and 2 new 20 Gal. Been fighting Fungus Gnats infestation for 2 months and recently found a soultion, so this will be my first colab , I used a heavy mulch layer of little tree bark chips, neem tea soil drench, daily mulch and foliar spray of neem oil, BD508, Lavander castille soap and essential oils of (rosemary, epazote, thyme, garlic, cilantro and mint) for 7 days, and after 1-2 week of less frequent waterings, no more FG . Now the question is... Should I remove the tree bark chips mulch, and continue with just cover crop and trimmings as mulch?

• Like Like x 12
  4. Awesome so pumped to see you're doing another No-Till thread!

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 12
  5. 1458935885389.jpg vixy says "high" and wants to know who's down for an easter smoke sesh

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 11
  6. Ahh much better than IG.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 9
  7. I placed my responses within the quote and had intended to highlight and change the color of my responses but when I click the mouse down and start to scroll across to highlight the text the screen immediately scrolls all the way to the bottom of the page. Is this a grass city glitch or a blue's computer sucks glitch?

• Like Like x 19
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Howdy Granja_ganjah! Glad to hear your success and at beating the FU gnats. Now that they're gone you can expect their numbers to never increase and likely stay away all together. Keeping neem in rotation and proper soil practices will guarantee that for ya. Simply as your normal weekly neem or karanja oil foliars and a neem tea or topdress every so often. VOE for 3 years or so now.... And I'd leave the mulch you have alone and let nature run it's course.

• Like Like x 9
  9. This happens to me and it sucks, I called @Chunk out on it once with no response, maybe your voice can move bigger mountains here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 11
  10. @MO. So when you stopped using teas all together are you top dressing every cycle? I ass-u-me your vermicompost will give you everything you need at that point right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gotcha! Yep, any sort of highlighting attempt immediately scrolls the page to the bottom thus prohibiting any changes to existing text.

Anyway no need to clutter this thread up so soon, LOL, moving on! :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. good to see you posting again CC. Missed ya on IG. About to get my spring gardens running here in the Valley.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  13. Thanks
    Thanks Mountain Organics! I dont have experincie using bark chips as mulch, so i was worried about nitrogen/carbon balance, I'll leave nature take its course and post some pics in the future. Respect!

• Like Like x 6
  14. I've continued with my post harvest ritual at the beginning of each cycle which includes ensuring a solid mulch layer consisting mainly of all the leaves and stems from harvest, a sprinkling of neem (Karanja meal actually), kelp and MBP and a sprinkling of some sort of cover crop type seed which is usually fenugreek or Crimson clover (I just did a cycle with chia and lo and behold some flowered and produced seed!) - about 1/4 cup of each typically. The MBP is a weekly/biweekly addition anyways and the neem/kelp is just at the start of the cycle and likely once more by early flower. You could say neem/kelp is topdressed about every 8 weeks.

As far as vermicompost is concerned there is no outside vermicompost or compost that is added to the soil - that process takes place directly in the containers via decomposition of the mulch layer and topdressed inputs (breaks down into compost, essentially) and then the worms have at it processing it and depositing their castings throughout your soil. Pretty neat right?! I think so anyways!

• Like Like x 31
  15. NPK gardening.

J

• Like Like x 13
  16. Do you still recommend TM-7 biweekly if you're barely starting out?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  17. So glad to have caught this one in progress! This thread is the whole reason I signed up. First off, thanks for all the amazing info, it's appreciated greatly. I want to get going full bore no till. I recently started acquiring soil from a local source and would like to know if it is a good base to start with. It's a water only soil from Detroit Nutrient Company. Is there a way to turn it into no-till? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  18. 1458948213624.jpg
    My last grow. First round soil, 'heirloom corn' SST fed weekly.
    I wanted to see what corn would bring to the table on it's own without barley partially because we already had plenty sitting around. oh man, The smell profile, and the taste is soo sweet. I love it. Thanks guys n'gals for all of the knowledge. The thought that goes into some of the writing in these threads amazes me, and has changed the way I view horticulture and life in general.

• Like Like x 35