No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. #4881 OGMaineiac, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Dealing with heat but no issues. My sympathies, that sucks! Is ac and dehum on same breaker I assume? My flower room peaks at 86 when it's like this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow MBP really works! I noticed a gnat on my pot the one day. I think because I let the humidity get a little high. The next day they populated like crazy. Gave a good dose of MBP top dress and not even a week later I can't find any. I love how everything is so simple with organic no till. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Anyone know why that works? I have a guess it's the chitanese reaction?

• Like Like x 3
  4. I don't think it works on ants though lol I sprinkle some on my veggie garden from time to time and the ants just have a feast. They love it

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chitinase not chitanese! Anyone want to order some chitanese? Burn another one dude! I might still be spelling it wrong!

6. im just guessing here but i would say you would only need more lime if you are adding more peat.

• Like Like x 3
  7. If it were me I'd just mulch/top dress nicely with some good vermicompost. That'll take care of a multitude of things including Calcium Carbonate.

J

• Like Like x 2
  8. #4888 missinglighter, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2016
    I gave them some Malibu and compost tea when I transplanted but it was a while ago. The worms in the soil seem pretty happy and the soil is dark black where my new pots still are browner.

Do you think unwashed muddy pumice could've lead to issues? The pumice was bulk pumice and when it was dry it didn't seem bad but when it got wet from the rain, the crushed kinda powdery pumice had turned mucky. The SIPs also got this concrete like bottom layer sorta like cat litter can get when they pee. Kinda turns into a big glob of clay.

I also have house plants in a different soil doing the same thing. I bought a bagged mineralized soil to compare. They've even it since mother day and have had this issue for about a month also. I looked all over them which is much easier to look at and identify stuff and I can't find anything. No trichomes that look like eggs as they're bright pink. That's why I thought it might be bugs. The only thing the same is the water I give them. So that's why I thought it could be that.

Anyways I'm considering some sort of pH/lime issue or something isn't right with the biology or roots/drainage below. I guess.

It's frustrating because I LITFA and only water or add compost. Stopped SST and fulvic since that makes it worse. All of you have success and have beautiful plants using all of these SAR stuff while it doesn't work for me.

Thank you.

9. Sorry I've never used Pumice.

J

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you for responding :)

11. Quick question. What do you think stresses a clone more...staying in a tray too long and growing mad roots then transplant to final 15 gal container or transplanting it into a solo/1 gal earlier and then transplanting later.

I ordered pots and they didn't arrive today and needed to transplant like a week ago lol

12. I would personally move it up to one gallons so roots can create a symbiosis ? With soil microorganisms. Rather than it sitting in tray. Just what I would do. I know you want small hole when tping but I think it would do better that way. Anyone think differently? You buy a little time too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Talking about trays and stuff, any you guys doing cspm and vermicompost and making your own clone plugs and or soil blocks? Saw something in original thread but can't find it now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Been playing around with just cutting clone soaking in aloe over night then putting in final container

• Like Like x 3
  15. Obviously going the route of just adding right to final container is the best and preferred option but high smink13 didn't plan according to normal smink13s plan so hence, no pots ready but have clones...anywho...

I have some clones that are blowing up w roots in my tray and really don't want to fuck with planting in 1 gals...I will, don't get me wrong, but just prefer to go right to the new pots.

And for me to plant 14 plants in 1 gals to only transplant those in a week, doesn't seem very logical to me or my back right now.

Leaving them in trays reminds me of the hydro (aero) cloners just without a lot of oxygen being pumped in so I'd imagine it's not the worst situation for a clone to be in ( or else they wouldn't be blowing up w root growth).

The clones are green and healthy looking also.

Thoughts, suggestions? :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. solo cups

• Like Like x 1
  17. I always use aloe as a soak and dip cutting right into mushed leaf before sticking. How has that been working? Are you putting multiple unrooted cuttings in final container? Just in case one doesn't take?

18. #4898 OGMaineiac, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Christmas tree

• Like Like x 3
  19. This is my frist run trying it out so will know in 7 or so days. Going with just one a pot but since i have mothers i can just cut more if needed. I dont see why this method wouldnt work. Its no different than going into a solo cup of soil.

20. Right! I have done the right into soil a couple times but have used plugs lately. Just cracked bunch a seed so no clones for a bit since I cleared out all the genetics I was working with.