No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

• Like Like x 6
  1. Should i put a layer of neem meal on top of soil?
    I already sprayed a neem oil.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. If I ever figure out how to post pictures here I will show you how well 2 315 watt CMHs do setting next to 2 600 watt full spectrum MHs. I am super impressed with the way they are preforming. Almost identical growth and far less heat. I did not buy these from the ol hydro store though. I got them online from some guy down in Oklahoma and had to wire the ballasts. Very much worth the money though.

• Like Like x 11
  3. So got this from CC-- I use a bunch of cilantro blend to purée, add to water and bubble for 6 hours, you do not want to have any fermentation, strain and spray the soil surface, gnats flying. Knock down spray! Then neem / sticky to control or use some bacillus thur. Isr. To kill larvae. Good compost with hypoaspis miles to top dress

• Like Like x 8
  4. Neem oil spray or neem meal top dress?

5. Neem spray. Make sure you get under all
    Leaves! I also use it for topdress every couple weeks so that is part of my ipm / feed program. It is an antifeedant, keeps them from molting. Stops the cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That of course is meal for top dress

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks bro! Just put sticky trap and ill top dress with neem as soon as i put a clone in new pot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This is a 3 x 7 regenerative bed on its 3rd round under 2 600 watt full spectrum Metal Halides 20160219_122707.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 17
  9. This is a 4x8x 11 inch smart pot regenerative bed on its 3rd round with 2 315 watt Ceramic Metal Halides. It has less plants than the previous picture 20160219_122654.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  10. These photos are from a few weeks ago. When I get around to going over to the test garden again I will get some photos of them now. They are approximately 3 weeks into flower. These CMHs are killer. Keeping right along with the 600s

• Like Like x 6
  11. Can we post videos on this site?
    Anyone? Anyone?
    Bueller?

• Like Like x 1
  12. When you begin to create a new message, on the Menu bar is a film piece icon - click that and put in the URL.

If it's on your hard drive then choose Upload File at the bottom of the message window

HTH

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bacillus thuringiensis serovar Israelensis
    [​IMG]
    Usually found in the outdoor pest control section next to the citronella candles.. Also works on Fungal Gnats for 30 days.. I sprinkle a bit of a crushed dunk on top of the soil and water it in..
    Same stuff as Gnatrol..
    I use both this and the other BT as control on the ever present caterpillars you get with outside grows..
    (bacillus thuringiensis var. Kurstaki)
    [​IMG]

Do I want Monsanto inserting this in their plant strains as to make it useless for me?? NO !!!
    Since I have to use something to get a crop with out the caterpillars ravaging it to complete uselessness I've judged this to be an acceptable level of risk.. It's the lowest level of control that will still get the job done that I've yet found.. Minimum ratio at 10 day intervals will keep the little bastards at a draw.. I'll still take some minor hits on a few buds but nothing like the wholesale eat and crap fest an unprotected outside crop suffers..
    If you've got moths circling your porch light you've got caterpillars in your buds..

BNW

• Like Like x 7
  14. On top of what everyone else said if they didn't already, a mulch carpet-like layer will help keep them out.
    Keep the neem tea's/foliar often so they have no chance to find a home there.

If they seem adaptive, introduce other IPM plants to the mix following NTG guidelines of course.
    HTH

• Like Like x 4
  15. Re: Fungus Gnats

Top-dress with ground malted barley every 7 days. Say buh-bye to fungus gnats and any number of insect related problems.

AD

• Like Like x 21
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ^ If you don't already >.< Tell em Cootz

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm seeing spider mite webs on one plant that's in flower but no signs on any leafs, and no signs on other plants. Should I worry or ignore them?

Smokeandflys' organics

18. My lil stash and some new nuggz all grown in Organic No-Till style :)

Sunlight
    [​IMG]
    Flashlight
    [​IMG]
    Goodie Meds
    [​IMG]
    12 jars total should last me through winter. Gratitude, One Love.

• Like Like x 15
  19. @MountainOrganics @AgnesDawgz i can't seem to find much info anywhere on this subject so figured I'd ask you guys..if using chunky diatomaceous earth as aeration at 1:1:1 recipe ratio do we think that the DE would supply enough of silica to the soil that I wouldn't have to supplement with any?another thought on that is will the DE continually leach its silica into the soil or does it degrade and lose its availability over times?

Actually another thing as well I'd like to talk about bc as far as I can c I haven't seen it brought up yet..water quality..

A few things come to mind..if using straight tap water is it best to let it sit overnight or can we use it straight from the tap?i let mine sit overnight..has anybody ever done any experiments using straight tap vs overnight tap?how detrimental are the effects of chlorine and chloramine on our microbe life?is there a safe point and a breaking point on the levels of said elements?r there papers or documentation that shows the effects?

Last note I currently just started my first no till and I couldn't b happier so far..my plants didn't looking very happy but after transplanting into my soil within 3 days have completely turned around and look pretty and healthy again..I have 3 different soil mixes going so I can see which works best and