No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Hows it going guys? Been a minute :p Anyone use insect-frass? I noticed some have added it to their living soil mixes nowadays. Also Is coots still around online? does he have any social media or anywhere I can follow him?

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hello Lemonfox. Only heard great things about it. Unfortunately for me, it too is yet another source of nitrogen. What I am wondering is where the P and the K come into play with the mix on the front page. Everything is NItro nitro nitro.

• Like Like x 1

3. Ive heard of some folks to topdress a smidge of langbeinite before flower and fishbone meal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I found it is a good source of chitin and very rich in beneficial biology.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's good to see you around again @Lemonfox69. When Coot shows up here he's usually incognito.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Thanks Tim, likewise :) Yeah Coot is good fun when he's active. I've only seen more recent videos on youtube.
    He was growing mushrooms on instagram at one point but I couldn't find him again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I believe anything we need to know about organic growing in containers has been laid out on this site. It just takes a little effort to find it. I can't blame him for steering clear of these sites. He has likely answered the same questions thousands of times over again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #22948 Lemonfox69, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023

Something you all may enjoy :) This is around a town called Mullumbimby in Australia, been there many times and the community and people there are really chill and very open to general exchanges over money, really gives you a good feel of how abundance can come in all forms and may be something we can all look forward to in the near future.

• Like Like x 3
  9. @TimJ
    just got back from town, them black tomato plants were 12 inch tall and healthy as all get out, 1.89 for a 4inch pot.
    mama didnt want none though, we got 3 cherry tomato and 2 cali wonders bell peppers , just to start, organic grown by local farmer.
    home depot had 2 pack of the best bugs money can buy for 16.98 ya we pasted on them hahaha, all there fruit trees are in bloom too.
    we got the organic maters and peppers and figure i can throw a bucket over them if it does frezze again this year. now got to find time to plant them, still playing pappy lumber jack , man im not even built for this anymore hahaah

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. You're about 2 months ahead of me with your vegetable gardening @old shol4evr. I can understand that tree removal takes its toll on you. I need to have my son help me with things like tree removal now. I can do it all. But, I'll be laid up for a month after I do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. i get out usally friday and work all day , then i force myself with pain pills to get another day on saturday , sunday is the lords day and sunday until friday im stove up hahahah, i get out and do about hour and sometimes another half and im done, throwing them logs is very hard on my chest but it is building my muscle back , hey healing hurts no matter what it may be, that the challenge.
    so if you boy will help let him, mine has been burning and im good with that, i didnt raise either one to do labor , which was a big mistake , but it is done, they love and care for there mama and im down with that hahahah
    besides that im old and bored and very lazy , but yet love doing this crap hahahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Anyone here use (Mountain Organics Sprout Tonic)? I found a bottle of it still 1/4 full in my fridge :) I wonder if they are still around, very handy plant tonic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. just che
    ck out and see if there is a web page
    im sure there still kicking

• Like Like x 3
  14. #22954 Lemonfox69, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    I just stumbled across this The One aka Thai x Afghan, The 1, BC1 Weed Strain Information | Leafly
    I think I remember the blades here discussing it few years back, anyone know where I could source these, or anything of similar caliber? I was blown away by the Pakalolo One genetic expressions on BAS youtube.

I personally been looking for the most (well-rounded) hybrid. I had a few good ones from Bodhi like Superstitious and Apollo 11 but they seemed a bit too intense and sativa-dominant for my already high mental energy.
    This why I always preferred mushrooms over lsd :D

I think AK74 was a good one for me as far as I remember that had a very balanced mind-body effect, but I wanted something more original closer to the landraces. I find them to be more soul-nourishing.

I did order some Flashberry, Mandala #1, Satori and Rishi Kush from Mandala seeds, they seemed the best I could find closer to the landrace genetics with modern finishing times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  15. That's how I do it & very begrudgingly give a :thumbsup: for that to those MF'n phones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Need a little help here, not sure what just happened but one of my 3 little amigos (whom was the strongest/biggest one) has randomly wilted and leaves curling in :( they are about 12 days old and last thing I watered was coconut water 1/4 cup and BioAg (TM-7) at 1/8th tsp in 1.5 gallons of water a few days ago. I only watered them lightly cause I know they are small and used the rest on other plants.

This is the Mandala #1 that is wilting (was the strongest and biggest before this).
    339671759.jpg
    339739585_527773772661612_7490463294673005046_n.jpg

Satori, looking like an Indica phenotype :eek: struggled early but looking better now.
    339580964.jpg

Flashberry is doing great so far :)
    339370051(1).jpg

And some strange mushrooms grew overnight, not sure what they are..
    339680579.jpg
    Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated <3

• Like Like x 2
  17. i would take a little garden shovel and about 4 inch away from plant break the soil up to get some air to the roots zone, dont go whole hog but just loosen it up a little, that young i doubt they are thirsty with 1.5 gal just 2 days ago . that what i would start with . the mushroom will probally die in the sunlight, the air will also help that, a bacterial tea would even the fungal side out for a little bit , but fungal will always be more abundant and bacterial is more powerful but works extra hard to control the fungal.
    dang that was a bunch of typing , im lazy hahahah id give the plant a little air

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thanks, I'll try poke some holes around. I had a feeling at this young just to leave them and not water for a week but then trying to apply the no-till watering regimes. I only grow once in a while so I tend to forget things.

• Like Like x 2
  19. you would be doing same thing in a big garden and a broad fork , just down sized, it isnt digging
    but anyway that what i would do
    no till or no dig, roots still air in my opinion
    plants look like there gonna be allright though

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1