No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Here's hoping that all the outdoor growers had a good harvest this season. Gotta question though. My plant pushed out a second set of pistils just as I was getting ready to harvest it. I decided to wait until the second set matured. Should I have harvested before the second set appeared?
    As an aside, I recently read that a second set of pistils is due to a hybrid's different phenotypes maturing at different times. Anybody ever heard anything like that. Sounds plausible.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. #22882 Weedweasle, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    deleted

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. You can post your guitar building/woodworking over in my journal any time you like @Weedweasle. I like the diversity and you make beautiful guitars my friend.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. My bad, thought I was in the TImJ zone, apologies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. always one bro , when you try to bait a hook you never catch a fish , throw it out there out of text and you find a dozen ,check out the like received ,messages and date joined , i bet all 21 messages have been the forum letter it left here in this thread alone l, enough said

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry love the song haha couldn’t resist you got it in my head after reading this all day now so y’all can now sing it too haha

• Like Like x 2
  7. What’s up no till growers? I haven’t been on in a while been busy. I just recently noticed these new bugs in my pots and I’m having a hard time identifying can anyone help please
    5C268BD7-32F0-4FC6-AA1A-AE32E75B536F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's hard to tell for sure from that picture. But, root aphids have 6 legs and kind of look like that. How is your plant doing and are they only in the soil?

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I just started a new run they’re only 3-4” tall they seem to be doing good so far.
    I noticed when I top water they move to the side of the pots.
    43B3805D-408D-42EB-8E6D-E61484DF3F9A.jpeg 4F0D5B5D-5769-4BC6-96D7-AC2D4CF89C67.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Looks like a springtail nymph.

Abdomen is a bit long for most varieties of root aphid...

[​IMG]

Springtails

Poke at them with a finger when they collect on the side of the pot after watering. If they're springtails, they should "jump", rather than scurry away.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yeah, I thought it looked a bit long. Easy to know if their spring tails. Do they jump or spring from place to place if disturbed?

12. That’s what they look like I’m gonna take another picture here

• Like Like x 1
  13. Having a hard time getting a good picture right now but that’s what they are I think

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s exactly what they look like. Is there a good remedy. Is their a good predator mite to kill them

15. I can’t find about them are they even bad ?

16. From the link I provided...

Quick facts
    • Springtails are found in areas of high moisture and in organic debris.
    • They are nuisances and do not damage food, clothes, furniture or property.
    • Springtails do not bite or sting and are harmless to people.
    • They feed on decaying roots and fungi and rarely damage plants.
    • Moisture control is the most effective option for controlling springtails.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sorry didn’t realize it was a link
    never had these before. Only thing I did different this time was my mulch was a lot thicker. I’ll take some out should be ok then. Thanks Waktoo

• Like Like x 3
  18. I'd argue you don't need to do anything with them, to be honest Springtails are a sign of biodiversity. They won't harm your plants, but will help decompose organic material in your soil. I view them as a "good" bug.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. 20230207_194055.jpg well I hit the ceiling again :smoking-banana: haha hope everyone is well!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3