No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Long time no see. What’s shaking my friend?
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Hey pals! Good to see you're both still doing your thing and sharing knowledge on here. :wave:
    Got an auto grow coming up in a couple of months so will be popping into the auto thread for advice when it all goes horribly wrong!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. When topdressing i use tablespoons rather than 1/4 cups....especially if my soil is already healthy. Coconut water and or aloe are two inputs i keep regular with watering. My.blumats are dialed back just enough to inoculate with teas and soil drenches. Keeping the microbiology healthy and the fungi as well so they can cycle my inputs and keep my ph in check.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Make sure you work the inputs into the soil good. Water in with your labs and some ewc and let her rip man!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Off to make the doughnuts lol have a good day everyone....don't do anything I wouldn't do :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Neem, kelp and mbp are definitely good to go during flower. How to Feed Cannabis, Organically: Top-Dressings, Teas, & More! ~ Homestead and Chill recommends about a quarter cup of each every couple weeks for large plants. Read through the link when you get a chance, it'll give you a good starting point to go off of.

Remember with organics, it's more about the soil quality than it is necessarily about nutrient schedules. Each plant is different, so there will always be a bit of ebb and flow about nutritional needs. Having a quality soil to start with mitigates a ton of issues down the line. Go light on topdress inputs until you start to see minor issues imho

Also about watering... aloe is good, possibly a bit of silica too, but be careful with ful-power especially when nutrients are involved. Most people use ful-power as a foliar input, not necessarily for a watering regimen. Ful-humix is great for drenches though

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Out of curiosity, has anybody came across a good source for larger quantities of molasses? I go through a lot with the aact projects, bokashi, LABS and stuff like that and all I've been able to get are those little 12 oz jars. It'd be great if I could find molasses by the gallon locally, but I have no idea where to look.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I believe feed stores sell large quantities in liquid form. Powdered/dehydrated molasses seems to be more and more popular these days. You may want to explore that route...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Found a cheap source for gallons Screenshot_20210922-102611_Chrome.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok yeah I see what you’re saying on that site. When using a bed though, would you try to mix it around the whole bed or primarily around the base of the plants? And I have four plants, so that would be a cup of each amendment right? I hate to ask… Don’t want to goof it up though!

Ok yeah maby I won’t use anymore fulpower, i’ve foliared it a few times already.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Got the bokashi bucket going again today. I figure if I get that and the ffj going for my composted cow manure I can really get the worms going. I plan on topdressing the bins with malted barley and chicken feed for laying hens. Between all of that and some kelp meal I think I should have my soil cycling in a speedy fashion.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Is comfrey good to topdress in flower, if so how much?

Sorry for the questions, i hope it doesn’t bug anyone. This question for example isn’t easy to find the answer to, for me atleast

• Like Like x 2
  13. DANG! that's a fantastic price:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. This is a male right? Swore I saw pistils on this one prior… it’s in my bed too, gonna have to rip it out huh

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yep she's a he lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. I’m going to rip the plant out of the bed, the other three are in flower… inhave a few container plants flowering as well, should Instick one of them in its place or would that be bad?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Transplanting in flower is tricky...some would say risking it for the biscuit isn't worth it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. So it may be better to just take the male out and leave the spot open? I guess I could plant cover crops in its place ?

• Like Like x 2
  19. It would be a good spot to start feeding the worms/soil prepping the area for your next run. Mulch or crop cover or both :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  20. The feed store for sure! They sell 5 gal buckets. Maybe also Costco type stores.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 4