No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Any chance you could buy a bag of each to run a small trial before you go all out? I'm a bit leery of commercial composts, but I understand you have to work with what you have available for sure.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Thanks bud, great idea but my schedule won't allow a trial run sadly.
    I'm wary of commercial composts too, so I'm leaning towards the cow compost they do which I don't think is quite as mass produced as the wool compost.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Coast of maine has some decent lobster compost

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. All my coast of maine compost came infested with fungus gnats. iNo big deal, and may not be everyone’s experience but just FYI. I like the compost though

• Like Like x 4
  5. Most of the bagged stuff I’ve worked with contains fungus gnats. Almost a guarantee especially if it’s stored outside and gets rained on.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Limited compost options in the UK, it's wool or cow or truly dreadful potting mixes from Homebase.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cow all day long.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. So I can raise my LED up some but it got me thinking, if your plants stretch a lot in flower, can you bend then down carefully or no? Never thought about it before

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Can’t remember exactly but I think I recommended that you use a couple layers of trellis? First one holds the plant up. Second layer allows you to weave branches through it. This creates a nice even canopy once you get the hang of it.
    RD

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks mate.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I’ve been known to get a lil violent when I train plants lol.
    898B02B2-93BC-4668-916E-CCFB0BFCB2BD.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Yes you did but my plants were already pretty big and was already about to flip them to flower. I’m definitely going to set something up, just to support them through flower. I can raise my LED still atleast

• Like Like x 4
  13. Before raising it

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yikes. You might be able to tie a piece of string up high (particularly on those two branches and then slowly bend em over and tie it off to your bed. Use a knot that doesn’t pinch the stem. You might want to get some eye screws mounted on the ceiling. You’re going to need a way to keep everything from flopping all over.

If you can’t tie those tops over you may have to start cracking tops, basically a violent form of super cropping.
    RD

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Mooooofunny-cow.gif

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The place I buy mine from keeps it right inside the shop so its usually ready to go....if they have it in stock. It usually Flys off the shelves here. The nursery up the road has it outdoors and right under the eaves so it's usually quite saturated and full of fungus gnats.....gives my beneficial nematodes some snacks.

• Like Like x 4
  17. My balls are a little too tiny to do any cracking. I’m hoping they’ll stop stretching, I swear they must’ve grew a whole inch in like a day unless i’m not observant. I’m going to clip clips to the bed, and gently pull the tops down a little. See how that works out.

The plants really do look pretty good though considering my somewhat severe spider mite situation I had. Neem oil/spinosad/aloe for anyone curious how I beat them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have to order all mine online, everything local is garbage pretty much. I have to jump through hoops to get anything good to me, shipping kills it all pretty much. Going to start some more worm bins, I don’t want any help besides from the electric company. Self sufficient is the goal

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. hey there @JGrewbie , long time no see! Glad to see you on again, Hope all has been well with you

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Last question, i’m starting to feel much better about all this. I looked up topdressing for flower, but never see the amounts only what they use.

I was thinking i’ll use kelp/neem/malted barley flower and possibly my dried comfrey if that would help… I’m in a 4x4 bed, suggestions?

Was going to water it in with fresh aloe and bioag fulpower

• Like Like x 5