No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MountainOrganics, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Sorry I meant FarRed
    Do you guus shut off the far raed after the cycke switch or do you always keep it on a couple min at light off?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I guess you're right. Just very happy where I work. First job where my opinion actually mattered and great benefits with pay. Just want to help them as much as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  3. That's honorable. I'm guessing you understand what I'm referring to. I'd just keep in mind some of us don't always play nice when 'marketed' to, and there's a difference between trying to help people and peddlin product. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Very true. I enjoy being on grasscity for gaining knowledge and spreading it as well. Been on here for many years and have developed so much. I actually found I have more interests in soil than I do in cannabis plant itself.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I get what the others are saying but I don’t see you as a shill, you are apparently talking about doing things the right way. I’ve read a lot of your stuff and I dig the idea of having folks with knowledge of the Corp weed grow biz around here. I have some pot stocks and discuss them in a thread in the business section. I fully understand why people are defensive about the “grass roots” (pun) of weed and growing but at this point in the game, it’s a waste of time to think we can shut out the capitalist and big biz of pot. $$$

Sorry to trail off, I’m a mid age curmudgeon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. With all respect, they guy is talking about bacillus subtilis fungi in one post, and then says ya anyway I'm trying to get my company to market through GC. I understand his enthusiasm with the new job, but there's been quite a few people through here that just want to help grow... their wallet. Nothing grass roots about it. There's some stiff competition out there when you get to the commercial level.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Understood, I was just saying that he seemed to be doing the right thing by being up front with us and the admins rather than sending PMs, sneaky plugs, etc. You are correct, there is a line not to cross.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. #20528 nobunkjustfunk, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    My thing with the whole deal is, if it weren't an issue, of if it didn't cause issues, there would be bookoos of companies linked to online grow forums advertising through them. Like every one and their grandmother. The entire site would go from being filled with knowledge to being flooded advertisement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. It could get messy fast. I’ve even wondered before if it’s really ok to discuss a certain brand of an item or where we bought it. I used to occasionally run into this in local news and even got offered some dough to help plug a biz once. It’s a shame that I can be bought if the price is right.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. E70D5F82-1B9B-4988-93C8-E9E07DE3F6AF.jpeg 151CC069-C212-4058-8230-BB5320B9A835.jpeg 0081FD69-9ABD-4747-895B-A80BCF09E6ED.jpeg 2B195DA5-B9F7-4BFE-A768-0BFEE0E50B91.jpeg
    Got two rooms popping off a month apart from each other. If I pop em both just one more time this year the bills should finally get paid after 4 years of hard work. Until then I’m gonna keep scratching in the dirt like the rest of the chickens.
    RD

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. I wish you well @ElRanchoDeluxe , the hard work is evident in your pics. Well done!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. That is some real frosty and real pretty buds my friend! Good to hear you can almost see the red ink turning to black!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. posted this in the organic recipes and notes but figured id post it here aswell:

Can we discuss bacterial vs fungal dominance in these soils? i got 4 pots sitting on the bench that ive topdressed with leaves and stems, OSF, gypsum, neem/karanja, bokashi bran, and malted barley powder. i lightly tilled the amendments into the top 2-3” of soil and covered with some aged pinebark mulch. After few days the mulch layer had a decent mycelium mat and became what i call a cookie basically the mulch became glued together by microbial exudates or whatever. i decided to peel back the mulch after couple weeks to see what was going on underneath. Leaves and amendments were gone and only the thicker stems remained. there were plenty of worms,cacoons, millipedes and soil mites but no visible fungal hyphae. i did what i normally do and grabbed a handful of soil took a sniff and gave it a squeeze. The soil was still somewhat moist but lil drier than field capacity it was difficult to squeeze any water out. the soil smelled sweet almost like a fermentation type smell. im used to more of a mushroomy fungal smell. im wondering if my soil has developed more of a bacterial dominance and what i should do to bring it back into a fungal/bacterial balance. Any tips insight and advice is appreciated.

• Like Like x 6
  14. effects of soil pH on microbial diversity, Ask.com

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. #20535 Lemonfox69, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Hi guys, its been a while, hope all is well :) Have been spending a lot of my days on the spiritual path again and i have recently ran into a bit of a caterpillar problem that are eating and making my buds rot, and its quite against my nature to kill of anything living, it just doesn't feel right anymore.. so i do not feel comfortable using something like BT on my plants that kills these little guys from the inside out :( Is there anything i can use that will deter them away without killing them? I have been picking them and placing them elsewhere by hand, its quite the challenge cause they are camouflage and hard to see, i spent half an hour the other day and only seemed to find few of them. Thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. #20536 nobunkjustfunk, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021

Unfortunately my friend, I don't think there's a way to deter them without hurting them and be any kind of effective. I could be wrong.

To my knowledge most people that want to rid of caterpillars and are against foliar sprays to prevent or kill them, usually catch them my hand, and cut them in half with scissors. Not trying to sound raunchy or anything. I've never actually heard of someone not wanting to harm the pest harming their crops and hard work.

pest control without wanting to harm the pest in any way, shape, form, or fashion is going to be an extremely difficult task. If you find out away to successfully relocate damaging pests without harming them, please share. There's a lot of folks that care about "life" in general. Whether it be a plant or bug, just the bad bugs I've never come across anyone NOT wanting to kill them!

I guess unless you have a way to build some type of insect netting around the plant. Depending on size of the plant obviously makes this something that's doable or not for you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Fungal dominant tea?:blush:

• Like Like x 6
  18. I’m not into killing as a rule either and it’s cool to see others in the same frame of mind. Unfortunately, I do use bt but I like the idea of deterrence. Like others have mentioned, a CSI game of picking and relocating may be our only answer.

I may try to put up “No Caterpillars Allowed” sign this year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4