No-till and LED's?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ShastaOrganics, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Has anyone tried LED's on there no-till beds? been researching the use of LED's and haven't found anything negative about them but haven't seen them on a no-till setup. Just curious.

2. How/why would light source affect any particular soil mix/methodology?

Nutrients are in the soil. It doesn't matter whether you recycle or no-till...

• Like Like x 3
  3. There are a few of us who use leds with no tilł with great results. But as waktoo said it doesn't really matter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I read that LED's allow the plant to express its full genetic potential for whatever reason.
    This guy on youtube did a side by side comparison on a 600watt LED and a 1000watt, with the LED he got .96 grams/watt and the HPS pulled .66 grams/watt. He sent both samples to a lab and here's the video of the results. I found it interesting.

5. Shit well I cant figure out how to link the page, so here's the title on youtube, Lab Results AT600 VS 1000w HPS.

• Like Like x 1
  6. just copy the link from the adress bar of your browser and paste that in your post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you for that sc00byd00bie.

8. I am currently doing this now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Me as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good leds are great. Bad leds are terrible.

Dont buy cheap chinese made panels. An ordiary HPS would be much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sooo... How do you like the LED's compared to MH/HPS? Any really noticeable difference using them? Could some one possibly suggest a good LED light I could try for myself, looking for something around 600 watts. I just have a small closet for now 3 or so plants, my main focus is outdoor. I was looking at some real cheap viparspectra 600 watt LED on amazon for under $200. But not sure what quality it is.

12. The vipraspecs are pretty good imo. I run HID, and CMH as well as some hps at my work, however we have a really spacious facility so air circulation is less of a problem. If it's a smaller space like a closet or something, leds are going to be more efficient.

#patientsovercups

13. vipraspecs are chinese made with the cheapest possible components. They will produce less light than an hps watt for watt. the rest of the power will converted to heat.

If you're in the US/Canada you have a ton of great options.

Just name a few...
    tastyled
    northerngrowlights
    timbergrowlights

whats you're budget and area you need to cover?

14. Well I was looking to spend around 200-300$. and my grow space is only about 4 feet buy 6 feet.

15. Just get a kind led

#patientsovercups

16. i could be wrong but sounds like a big footprint for that price range. you could look into DIY its fairly simple if you are inclined but you will need to shell out a little more to light up a space that size with LED.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I must respectfully disagree. Kind are in the same category as cheap Chinese made panels.To be honest in a 4 x 6 (24 square feet) area and on a budget HPS is the only way to go. Any led you get for 300 will not be enough for that space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Well I do have the option on making my grow space as big or small to fit my needs. 4x6 was the size of my last bloom room so I went with what I'm used to. I use that plastic black on one side white on other stuff whatever its called to make my DIY setup in my garage. I'm not wanting to do anything crazy, I just want to be able to keep myself in constant supply of smoke. The reason LED,s attracted my was that I could potentially pull more grams per watt I use, along with the low amount of heat they put out cuz it gets damn hot here, and I cant even run indoor in the summer because of all the problems from heat and ventilation, I assumed switching to LED would help solve those issues.

19. leds have the potential to do exactly what you want. But you'd need to invest in really good fixtures. The needed budget for 4x6 is around 2000. But you could expect the lights to last 5 years plus.

You need a premium fixture to get the benefits you hear about. The cheap ones are worse than HPS (more heat,less light). That cant be repeated enough.

20. You could get two Galaxy hydro 600w 9 band led for $300. This would provide plenty of light for 4 x 6 area and use half the power of a 1000w MH with similar harvest results.

PW

• Like Like x 3