No taste?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wild willy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Had a problem with my last grow had 3 different strains Gold leaf,Girl Scout cookies extreme and Blue dream all from seeds.
    Got the seeds from ILGM Robert Bergman. For the light I used 1000 watt hps for flower and for veg 1000 watt mh on a light mover.
    For nutrients I used General Hydroponics Duo grow A&B also use cal-mag, RO water and I grow in Cocoa in the fabric pots 10 gallon size.
    I flushed for ten days. I let them dry for about 7 to 10 days until the stems snapped, cured in mason jars for about 2 weeks burped them everyday for about a half hour each.
    The buds looked fantastic,big, lots of trichomes from 8 plants I got almost a pound and 3/4.
    Looks-wise they're great problem I'm having I was told that taste wasn't there. I'm not a big smoker anymore do it to supplement my income. It works really good gets you where you want to go and it's really smooth but the taste just isn't there.What did I do wrong?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. how long did you wait before you chopped the girls homie

3. ive only grown a blue dream cross but the flavors were very sweet and chemical i only have used seed supreme and greenpointseeds i have no experience with ilgm but i hear alot of complaints about them

4. Just shy of 10 weeks

5. online it says 10 weeks but i took mine for 12 weeks usually it takes a little longer than breeders say from what I've come to realize. but for the amount of bud you got it seems strange that they have no taste and you did go for 10 weeks so idk if they were premature or what

• Like Like x 1
  6. What's done is done. But, do you have a pick of the bud just before your harvested?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mistakes are great you learn alot from them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I must have done something wrong just trying to figure out what. lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe I flushed to long idk

10. Pretty sure you can't flush out the taste of your weed. That's why I asked if you had a pic. So we could see if you chopped too early

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah no pictures should have next time

• Like Like x 1
  12. That sucks. Early harvest is all I can think. Bad breeder times suck. I had a 7-9 week strain. But they weren't ready till 11.5 wks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maybe next time get them into jars earlier. They need some moisture to cure correctly in the jars. Then if too damp after a day just lay them out to dry a little longer and then back into jars to percolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  14. The problem is probably the curing. A good micronutrient supplement can add quite a bit of terpine production improving flavor. You may have also harvested too early. 10 weeks is a while though and at least one of them should have been ready at that point.

I also grow with GH and I would add Florablend to the routine. It's one of their cheaper supplements but really helps fill in some of the micronutrient holes in a purely chemical approach. I won't grow without it and it's great for starting plants because it's balanced in NPK but very weak in strength. .5-1-1.

I also use AN's budcandy for a molasses substitute in hydro but you can use molasses in coco.

What is your cure process? I trim wet down to long branches and put the branches on a drying rack hanging from my ceiling over my stereo amp for 5 days or until I can break a piece off and smoke a bowl of what I would consider reasonably dry weed with some crisp to the outside.

Once it gets to that point it goes in jars for about 2 weeks until it's good. When they first go in the jars I have to shake, roll, and open them for 20 minutes or so a day. After the first week they are only opened twice a day to exchange air. At two weeks I put a 55% humidity pack from integra boost in the jar. After a week with the pack it's pretty much perfect. No need to really open the jars after that. In a dark cabinet it will stay good for years.

• Like Like x 1