No Stress Training = Higher Quality Smoke?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RenaissanceBrah, Dec 8, 2019.

1. It's my first grow and I wanted to ask about this -

(I'm not looking for larger yields, but rather the highest quality high)

If I don't stress my plants at all, will that mean all the plants energy will go into making fewer (but higher quality) buds?

Just looking for the cleanest, best, high - was wondering if stress training affects the end product at all, before I start tying down any branches.

2. No. Both will be theoretically equal in terms of quality. There are two reason for training in my opinion. 1. yield (with a caveat -- you don't necessarily get a bigger yield by training. Sometimes I grow Xmas tree style that grow like 70's bush, wild and woolly with a hug cola on top. 2. manageability (and this is in my opinion the most important reason to train). It's not just about space. Training helps you to create a more ideal environment. You can train your plants to allow more air flow to your grow for example, versus the one big cola. Also if there is any sort of infestation (God forbid) or mold or any other unforeseeable problem that just happen sometimes despite how long you've been doing this, your chances of salvaging some of the plant is increased with training because you can more easily identify and amputate the problem sites.

I do and have done both training and no training. Both ways are good.

*first grow, do both. Train some, leave some. All of it will be the "cleanest, best high" because it will be your homegrown.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Training isn’t really a factor when it comes to the quality of the smoke. What you’re dumping in your soil is going to be the main factor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks, I will do both to experiment!

The infestation part definitely makes sense. Found my first red spider mite today... I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment building, didn't think I'd get anything... glad I saw it, picked it off and washed it down the drain.

Thanks - I am currently using potting soil from a local forest here, later I plan to use a super soil mix. It has amendments like seagull guano and crab bone meal mix... I'm in Mexico, wish I could get some Fox Farm mix down here, but this super soil is the closest I could find.