No stress training/bonsai growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by champloo, May 5, 2009.

1. #1 champloo, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Hi all, champ here, just gonna be discussing a method I call NST or No Stress Training along with an explanation of how to actually grow "bonsai" style, if you will (Well my type of bonsai, others grow bonsai style, but its not like this, it involves lots of topping and lst and root trimming and what not, and the ultimate goal is to have a short stocky plant). Well first off ile let you know that this method involves moving your light source in order to make your plant grow in the direction you want on its own, rather than forcing it, which in turn can cause stress damage (although LST is still a great thing) or turn a plant hermie. But probably the best part of this method is just the cool ways you can grow your plant.

Well as you all know, plants need light to photosynthesize, to live. And if youve ever seen a plant deprived of light, you will have noticed it finds its way towards the nearest source. If youve ever had an indoor plant and you put it near the window for certain hours of the day, you notice that it jarastically bends towards the sun. This reaction is what is called "Phototropism" or, "heliotropism", which is a plants ability to bend towards a light source. Phototropism occurs when the plant hormones called auxins on a plant are destroyed upon exposure to light, whereas the auxins on the dark side of the plant thrive, causing them to get bigger or elongate and this causes the plant to make a bend towards the light source.

Now that that's said, lets get to how you do it. Its really easy, and most of you reading this probably already know what to do by now. But incase not, check it out. (excuse my diagram its very horid but i suck at that and didnt have the patience so if someone out there is proficient in paint, feel free to make me a new one haha.)

[​IMG]

Now with this method not only can you do this method of "NST" but you can also start growing your plants in exotic forms that are just fun to do, space conservative, and yield increasing.

You can even grow a plant in spirals, and then through itself.

Now im not super experienced with this method, but I dont have to be share the knowledge. So have fun growing bonsai style! If your going to grow in weird random directions and what not, your probably going to have to tie it at certain spots to keep it there. After moving the light not every part the plant may stay the way you want. But yeah, hope you like the article, have fun, peace.:cool:

~champ

Anyone here with experience in this go ahead and drop some sense, and after you guys try it out. Maybe give some tips and do's and don'ts and what not not.

2. LST is so much easier...how would I do this with a HPS? lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. lol, I'mma just move my whole hood set up around the room?

4. #4 champloo, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    You probably wouldnt. Probably would wanna use flouros with this. But then again, only do it if you can.

LST is great, and i still use it, and dont discourage it at all. I was just putting it out there.

Its possible to build something so you could move those lights all around. But thats a bitch, so id just say dont try this method?

Again, only for the people willing and able to try it. Just like an experiment or w.e. Never claimed it to be any easier or more convenient than any other methods.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm sorry man, but jarastically? I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's hilarious my friend. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. It's still funny. An honest mistake, but still would be funny in 1970.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1