no smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jampen, Jan 9, 2009.

1. my plant is growing buds...but there's no smell yet...at least not the smell I was expecting :p

I figured Id just wait until the leaves and buds got well crystalised before i harvested but Im not seeing much happening.

at what point do the trichromes start to form - and do they smell before you dry them?

maybe im just being impatient - but that said, the thing's being growing outdoors in intense summer sunshine for nearly 3 months now.

any ideas?

2. How long has it been flowering?

I'm an indoor grower, so the smell is probably stronger when confined to indoors. I grew a Northern Lights plant in my last grow and it didn't smell much until the last couple of weeks of flowering.

3. its had buds for a couple of weeks now. probably since a week or teo before christmas...but its an outdoor plant and its very small...maybe two feet high. although form all looks it seems very healthy indeed. plenty of sun and fertiliser :D

i think there are some tri's starting to form...but i was expecting it to have been harvested by now when i first planted it back in october.

i guess maybe that means its a sativa? not sure.

when its ready for harvest there should be plenty of tris (cloudy = energestic high right?) and it should smell?

4. Clear actually, not cloudy. When it's cloudy the trichs haven't finished developing, and will be less potent. It goes Cloudy>Clear>Amber, harvest when they are either clear or amber.

5. wtf r u smokin? It goes clear to cloudy to amber dude

[​IMG]

6. does anyone have a pic of the whole plant or a leaf/bud when it has clear/cloudy/amber tri's rather than macro shots?