No smell 9 weeks of 12/12

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flat_lander, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Beautiful looking plant with fattening buds but very very little smell. It's still got 4-6 weeks to go, think she'll start to stink?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hmm what strain is it? My 6 week old white widow that has been in flower for a week has a light sweet skunky smell to it with no buds..do you have a picture of the plant?

3. Doesn't look like there is much thc on these??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 9 weeks of 12/12?? still a few weeks to go? Are you sure? I mean the buds look great, but they certainly don't look very frosty. If you got a low thc/high cbd strain that could be why? I'm really not entirely sure without more information. All 3 of the ones I have going right now were starting to smell after about 3 or 4 weeks of veg. Now when I open my tent its like a rush of that sweet skunky smell.

5. It might be the strain of MJ you're growing, but if you've actually been in flower (not counting the time of transition from veg to actually producing buds), you should be smelling them big by now. I do see what looks like heat stress on your buds though. The leaves should be standing straight up and "praying to the light." Yours are droopy like they've been affected by heat. How much air movement aside from any ventilation system you're running, do you have moving around those plants during "lights on?" You can have higher temps in your flower room, but you better have LOTS and LOTS of air movement around the tops of those plants to disperse the heat. Overall, they look pretty good. They look pretty nitrogen toxic....deep dark green in color is a sign of too much nitrogen. A healthy plant is that rich blue/green color and that's what you want to shoot for. Too dark green, lay off nitrogen. Washed out yellowish green, they're usually hungry. Browning on tips is almost always nute burn. If this is a soil grow, back off additional nutes. If this is a hydro grow, lessen the nitrogen in your mix. But if you're using a good quality grow soil, the soil will feed your plants for MUCH longer than the nute manufacturers would have you believe. I don't use nutes at all. We grow with Roots Organics Original and the soil alone handles the nutrition of my plants all throughout their lives. When one gets root bound and expends the nutrition in the soil, I repot to a slightly larger container and fresh soil. This picks up the feeding and lasts for several more weeks. With MJ being such a short cycling plant, if you're growing in soil you do not need nutes to the extent that they advertise....nowhere near it. Too much can do just as much damage as not having enough. The biggest piece of advice/info I can give you is this: Nutes are not the magic that grows you a large plant and gets a weighty harvest. That is all due to the light you flower with. Each plant needs the best wattage of proper quality flower light you can hang over it and keep the light as close to the plant as possible throughout the flower cycle (without fear of light burn) to force it to grow the best it can. If you have to raise your light source to cover the plants you're flowering, then you're doing too many at a time. Once lamp can only cover so much floor space and raising it is shooting yourself in the foot. So more is not always better. But to ever get the best and most out of a plant, you simply have to have adequate lighting to force it to grow. Heck, we're attempting to mimic the sun here, so you can understand how important the light is in an artificial grow situation. Man has come up with nothing to remotely come close to the sun and the sun is the difference in size between and indoor grow and an outdoor grow. With the best artificial lighting available, you'll never even come close to the size you get with an indoor grown plant compared to one grown inside. It's just not possible...simply because of the light source. So don't stake the outcome of your plant on the nutes you pour in. Work on getting the best light source possible to use to flower your plants with and keep it simple. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. No nutes in over a month. Heat was an issue a couple weeks ago where the room was at 78 so wind burn took its toll on the leaves. I took some testers and it was pretty surprising how looped I got. Very speedy. If you get right close to it smells like fruit or if you touch it it's sticky and reeks of yumminess. I talked to a few other peeps though and they said they have had strains that gave off little smell. Veg room of the same strain ( unknown ) has the same low odour and they look right pretty. [​IMG]

7. Day 68 or 69 of 12/12 ( started 11/13 on day 45-50 somewhere in there )

8. [​IMG]not as white as what would be nice. Buds are growing bigger everyday still [​IMG][​IMG]