Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

no resin hits ever?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by dose-in-a-rose, May 30, 2007.

1. Every time I scrape the bowl on my (pipe,bong stem, etc) it just flakes off the bowl,I never get a resin hit

what the fuck is up?

2. thats really weird - i always had a pretty easy time scraping resin.

do you wait until the resin is really caked up? its hard to scrape when theres just a little bit.

also, if you're scraping with a paperclip or whatever, it helps to roast the paperclip to get it nice and hot, and it melts the resin right off.

also, heating up the glass by holding a lighter under it helps to heat up the resin and make it soft and easier to scrape.

resin can be a little bit flaky - you just gotta scrape it all onto a paper towel and gradually try to clump it all together. if there's enough there it'll eventually clump up into a ball. your fingers will be black as hell by the end of it though.

also, if nothing else works, you can try boiling the piece in water, letting the resin float to the surface, and then straining the water out through some fabric.

3. Save the stuff that flakes off, then smoke it.

4. both good suggestions, Im gonna go smoke a bowl

5. It seems like I always get the flaky stuff in the actual bowl part of my pieces, and the soft, tarry resin is in the inside.

6. It helps to try and take a straight resin hit without scraping first to heat up the resin just enough to make it easy to scrape

7. warm resin is better for scraping and squishing into a ball, so i would either do what the other guy said and heat it with a lighter or scrape it right after you smoke a bowl or two. resin never gets me as high as regular weed though for some reason

8. put flour on your hands then you can roll it freely it will be really sticky, flour makes it not stick to fingers.

9. i try to stay away from the resin hits man they are harsh, just blaze herb for sure but there are times where your out of bud and no money then i turn to resin