Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No-Potency in this foiled oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jondolars, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Hey GCF.

First time posting - though I've learnt lots through lurking the forums.
    I made some canni-oil the other week. I followed a recipe which said 1oz to 6 cups of oil. I put a Q in 1.5 cups (375ml) of oil, into a slow cooker/crock pot for 5 hours - stirring occasionally.

After this I drained it and let it cool.

I baked some hedgehog slice with 2tbsp of oil - didn't feel anything off half the slice except goddamn full and sugared out.
    I had a few tablespoons on it's own to test and didn't really feel much/if anything.

I'm wondering if I may of screwed it up - or perhaps got the ratio really off?

What're your thoughts? What's your usual bud-oil ratio?

Peace.

2. Not enough herb and not cooked long enough, I use 1/2-1oz per cup and let simmer in the crockpot for at least 24 hours.

3. #3 Joker1121, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    First you need to decarb your cannabis- 240F for 40 minutes. Then you used way too much oil to cannabis. Ditch that recipe. I use one ounce cannabis: 1 1/4 cup oil, but I only get mids. If your cannabis is dank, use less. Good luck mate. Reuse the same oil, or part of it with more decarbed cannabis. I now find it easier to make a tincture (PSam's Another Tincture Thread- index in first post, just follow directions) and then do a solvent transfer to oil.

4. Haha i done goofed harddd.
    Okay - the oil has also solidified to some extent in the fridge, like really thickened up to a soup-like consistency. Do you think it will be okay or have I totally wasted 7gs haha.

Thanks for the replies guys!

5. #5 Joker1121, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    No problem, mate- just reheat the oil until it's liquid. Then use however much cannabis to the amount of oil you want to make.
    Grind cannabis, decarb 240F for 40 minutes. Add to liquid oil, cook for a bit, strain cannabis from oil, then you should be ready to go. I generally don't cook my cannabis oil mixture for long when it's decarbed. Maybe two hours. Good luck, keep us posted.