No place to dry, but in the flower room...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by yankee, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I know it is best to dry in a cool dark place with RH at 30%, but I have no place other than the flower room to dry. Is this going to mess my potency up? taste? I am almost certain it will but i have no other options. I've got odor control in there, and no where else.. :( I am just looking for someone to tell me first hand NOT to dry in there.. lol
    thanks

2. just make a drying box and try to light proof as best as possible!

3. I thought about that, but I am working with next to nothing when it comes to drying space. The wife will not allow me to hang it in our bdrm closet. Will it affect the potency and taste having it in the HPS spectrum?

4. a cardboard box with a pack of cheap bic pens nd rubber bands can make a nice dryer. or string nd tooth picks in a box

5. Does anyone know first hand whether or not that the HPS spectrum will degrade my product? I am assuming it will, I was just wondering how bad it will be.... Someone has got to know

6. Instead of risking it why not just look into buying a nice size cooler?

7. Any spectrum of visible light will degrade it.

8. make a drying box light proof that will fit in your grow room.as long as you are blocking most of the light i dont see it losing that much potency.

9. just get a drying box that doesn't allow light and put it in the garage or somewhere the wife won't care/find it.

10. the benefit of drying in grow room is usually you have an odor control in there.put it in any other part of the house and it reeks!dont know about you but friends or neighbors or cops smelling drying bud would not be good to the operation!

11. I am building a table for my new room going up soon (Move happening) and I am going to put poly tarp stuff hanging down on the front (the only area letting in light) and I will have a fan blowing down there. So the smell is kept in my flower room and they are in a dark, relatively low humidity environment. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Peace/Love/Joy

12. depending on your method of growing, you could just hold off on putting the next batch into the flower room for the time it takes to dry your harvest. then the light wouldn't have to be on, you'd have odor contral and plenty of ventilation.

13. How long would it take? I might factor this into my plans

14. tops 2 weeks. probably around 10 days.

15. That's not too bad I think I can dry in between plant grows. Thanks for the quick answer

16. im glad figured your answer out, but i have this exact question!!!! hehe. I think i might attach some ducting into a cardboard box and run the ducting into my tent. do you guys think this would work? just the box connect to the tent and have it pull air passive thru the box...

17. ....grasscity help me

18. u guys suck...seriously...

19. You should have started your own thread, first. Second, given that comment I'm pretty much inclined to not bother to answer your question. Had I seen it I would have, but fuck it with that attitude.