Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No one is understanding this hair test question...please help!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nervouswifey, Jun 20, 2012.

1. I will try to make this quick and simple to understand, as I can't seem to find an answer from someone who understands the question. My husband stopped smoking about 6 weeks ago. Took a hair test 2 weeks ago and failed :eek: after 2 macujos and 2 bleach & dyes. He's been given a chance for a retest. He generally keeps his hair rather short, between 1/2" and 1.5". At the time of the first test, it was about 1.5". He got a haircut last week down to about 3/4". This should all be clean growth right?? From what I understand, clean hair starts to come above the scalp after 5-10 days, so the 3/4" inches he has now should be THC-Free?!? Please, if anyone can clear this up, I'd greatly appreciate it! He's taking the re-test in 6 days!

2. Well it depends on if the new hair growing is clean or not really

3. How long would it take for the hair to start growing clean? He passed a urine test 3-4 weeks ago just fine.

4. why is he gettin his hair tested

5. A new job. He's got the job as long as he passes the test. He failed the first one (Psychemedics), but called the employer and said there would be no way that's correct, and they said he could dispute it and test again. Last chance.

6. Depends on the person from the times I've seen. One of my friends failed after 3 months but my other friend passed after 3. So I have no clue. Sorry

7. Hair Drug Test - Drug Testing Network
    ^^This may help, but the only way you can be sure is if he doesn't smoke for like a month before hand.

8. Even if he got a haircut and they cut off hair with thc positive in it, the thc is still in his system and will go to his new hair

9. [quote name='"smokenchill18"']

Even if he got a haircut and they cut off hair with thc positive in it, the thc is still in his system and will go to his new hair[/quote]

Haha yeah I said this but you described it much better

10. Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but he's going to fail again. THC remains in the fat membrane that surrounds a hair follicle. It's not in the hair itself, thus cutting your hair doesn't do anything. On the right you see an extracted follicular unit, with the membrane surrounding it clearly visible. This is where the THC remains. Since you aren't burning this fat, it remains...forever.

[​IMG]