No one care's..get it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by tracy95376, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Just look at how many people even use this area of this forum...NOT MANY..NO ONE CARES..Just get me my pot grower.:D

2. Been saying that for a while.

Medical is a scam, less than 1% of patients are legitimate sick people who need it, 99% just want pot.

3. [quote name='"SmokingFish"']Been saying that for a while.

Medical is a scam, less than 1% of patients are legitimate sick people who need it, 99% just want pot.[/quote]

So its a bad thing to take advantage of the system?
    I'm not saying abuse it like some people do to an insane degree.

I have my card for surgeries on my ankle a couple years ago. Yeah that's not terminally ill by any means, but I can have some on me and not worry about getting caught. I grow for personal consumption, and my father who has Hepatitis C and has his card.
    So yeah, guess he falls in the 1%.

4. I'd say make it harder to get a medical license in the first place.

When I see a bunch of baggy pants teenagers standing in line at the dispensary, I feel this is a scam. If medical cannabis gets shut down, who's to blame?

5. In california, anyone 'who can benefit from the use of marijuana' can get a card. Anybody can benefit from it in some way or another. It doesn't say anywhere that you need to be terminally ill. When I hear people pissing and moaning that stoners have recs, all I can ask is 'are you a doctor?'

6. from my perspective, the medicinal side hasnt helped anything regarding actual legalization.

its already been done before. theres too much fucking money involved on the other side for it to go any further.

7. #7 hurb1, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    A scam? wouldnt that require some party to be getting fucked over? A victim? Nobody is scamming anybody. People want weed, people buy weed from people wanting money. Our slave owners get their little cut in taxes. The earth continues to spin. I say we need more of these establishments without such strict regulations as to turn away suffering patients who are not yet "certified dieing in agony". There are a lot of states with medical marijuana where you can be suffering many chronic conditions but yet still not qualify for a single bong hit

8. Well, Many people do "abuse" the system but that means they earned certification, Don't think the government is too fond of doctors handing out cards to legally be able to purchase a Schedule 1 drug for a medical condition which a Schedule 1 drug is said to have no medical benefits whatsoever. So they keep it super strict (even though the federal government doesn't really control it:eek: they just send DEA agents to bust them).

Also, OP, everyday more and more eyes are opened to Marijuana, soon it will be a common thing like it was in the past. But for now I guess you could consider we're making progress and will see some changes here in November (Hopefully :hello:). But until then all of us are/have functioned/function on the black market so legal or not were all still gonna be able to get high :D.

9. Cool stats, bro.

10. With a more than 60% reduced risk of cancer among regular users, 100% of use is legitimate medical use. No one can say otherwise.

11. IMO dispensaries are a cancer upon the legalization movement..

I see people without any health problems using the term medicate, and it enrages me.

Then doctors selling medical recs. This just makes me so mad!

12. just wanted to point out that this is the "legalization and activism" forum

not the medical forum.

and to the OP: yeah, its hard getting stoners out of the smoking closet

13. #13 tbolg, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    Cannabis was a part of the American pharmacopoeia until 1942 and is currently available by prescription in the Netherlands, Canada, Spain, and Italy in its whole plant form.

Ironically, the U.S. federal government currently grows and provides cannabis for a small number of patients. In 1976 the federal government created the Investigational New Drug (IND) compassionate access research program to allow patients to receive up to nine pounds of cannabis from the government each year. Today, five surviving patients still receive medical cannabis from the federal government, paid for by federal tax dollars.

In 1989, the FDA was flooded with new applications from people with HIV/AIDS. In June 1991, the Public Health Service announced that the program would be suspended because it undermined federal prohibition. Despite this successful medical program and centuries of documented safe use, cannabis is still classified in America as a Schedule I substance “indicating a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical value. Healthcare advocates have tried to resolve this contradiction through legal and administrative channels to no avail.

List of benifits given by cannabis:

Relief of muscle spasms

Relief of chronic pain

Reduction in interlobular pressure inside the eye

Suppression of nausea

Weight loss - increase and restore metabolism

AIDS - Marijuana can reduce the nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting from the condition itself and the medications as well.

Glaucoma - Marijuana relieves the internal eye pressure of glaucoma, and therefore relieving the pain and slowing or even stopping the condition.

Cancer- Many side effects of the medication to stop cancer can be relieve with Marijuana, some studies suggest that Marijuana tends to slow down the progress of some types of cancer.

Multiple Sclerosis - Muscle pain, spasticity, tremors and unsteadiness are some of the effects caused by the disease that can be relieved by Marijuana.

Epilepsy - in some patients, epileptic seizures can be prevented with Marijuana use.

Chronic pain - Marijuana helps to alleviate the pain caused from many types of injuries and disorders.

Anxiety, Depression or Obsession - Even though mild anxiety is a common side effect in some users, cannabis can elevate your mood and expand the mind

So after knowing all of these facts you seriously are sitting on your computer touting that only terminally ill patients can benifit from cannabis use ?????
    If this is your belief than i think you need to do a whole lot more of research on the subject because millions of medicated americans could benifit from the safest plant known to all of us Blades.

And why get mad at the people who support cannabis and frequent the medical stores when you yourself are not a qualified expert. You cannot look at someone's exterior and automatically know what medical problems they might have. Instead you make assumptions of ignorance when your hatred should e pointed towards the Fed Gov who keeps this medically viable alternative in the Class 1 scheduling .

The most restrictive schedule in the US Controlled Substances Act is Schedule I, which includes marijuana. Marijuana has been in Schedule I since the Controlled Substances Act was passed by Congress in 1970.Below is the most recent update of Schedule I of Title 21 of the US Code, released by the Law Revision Counsel (LRC) of the US House of Representative on Aug. 11, 2006:

"Section 812. Schedules of Controlled Substances

(c) Initial schedules of controlled substances Schedules I, II, III, IV, and V shall, unless and until amended pursuant to section 811 of this title, consist of the following drugs or other substances, by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical name, or brand name designated:

Schedule I
    (a) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any of the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers, whenever the existence of such isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation: (1) Acetylmethadol.
    (2) Allylprodine.
    (3) Alphacetylmathadol.
    (4) Alphameprodine.
    (5) Alphamethadol.
    (6) Benzethidine.
    (7) Betacetylmethadol.
    (8) Betameprodine.
    (9) Betamethadol.
    (10) Betaprodine.
    (11) Clonitazene.
    (12) Dextromoramide.
    (13) Dextrorphan.
    (14) Diampromide.
    (15) Diethylthiambutene.
    (16) Dimenoxadol.
    (17) Dimepheptanol.
    (18) Dimethylthiambutene.
    (19) Dioxaphetyl butyrate.
    (20) Dipipanone.
    (21) Ethylmethylthiambutene.
    (22) Etonitazene.
    (23) Etoxeridine.
    (24) Furethidine.
    (25) Hydroxypethidine.
    (26) Ketobemidone.
    (27) Levomoramide.
    (28) Levophenacylmorphan.
    (29) Morpheridine.
    (30) Noracymethadol.
    (31) Norlevorphanol.
    (32) Normethadone.
    (33) Norpipanone.
    (34) Phenadoxone.
    (35) Phenampromide.
    (36) Phenomorphan.
    (37) Phenoperidine.
    (38) Piritramide.
    (39) Propheptazine.
    (40) Properidine.
    (41) Racemoramide.
    (42) Trimeperidine.

(b) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any of the following opium derivatives, their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:(1) Acetorphine.
    (2) Acetyldihydrocodeine.
    (3) Benzylmorphine.
    (4) Codeine methylbromide.
    (5) Codeine-N-Oxide.
    (6) Cyprenorphine.
    (7) Desomorphine.
    (8) Dihydromorphine.
    (9) Etorphine.
    (10) Heroin.
    (11) Hydromorphinol.
    (12) Methyldesorphine.
    (13) Methylhydromorphine.
    (14) Morphine methylbromide.
    (15) Morphine methylsulfonate.
    (16) Morphine-N-Oxide.
    (17) Myrophine.
    (18) Nicocodeine.
    (19) Nicomorphine.
    (20) Normorphine.
    (21) Pholcodine.
    (22) Thebacon.

(c) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation, which contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances, or which contains any of their salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:(1) 3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine.
    (2) 5-methoxy-3,4-methylenedioxy amphetamine.
    (3) 3,4,5-trimethoxy amphetamine.
    (4) Bufotenine.
    (5) Diethyltryptamine.
    (6) Dimethyltryptamine.
    (7) 4-methyl-2,5-diamethoxyamphetamine.
    (8) Ibogaine.
    (9) Lysergic acid diethylamide.
    (10) Marihuana.
    (11) Mescaline.
    (12) Peyote.
    (13) N-ethyl-3-piperidyl benzilate.
    (14) N-methyl-3-piperidyl benzilate.
    (15) Psilocybin.
    (16) Psilocyn.
    (17) Tetrahydrocannabinols. "

Like in my above post i mentioned that the government created a program to grow and distribute cannabis to patients with terminal illnesses ... it was succesful... and yet the discontinued the program because why ???? because it "undermined there current stance of prohibition"... AKA politically it looked bad on the US.

So next time you get mad at patients ( legit or not) maybe you should be redirecting your anger to something more logical like the Feds.

14. [quote name='"tbolg"']

So next time you get mad at patients ( legit or not) maybe you should be redirecting your anger to something more logical like the Feds.[/quote]

^this a thousand times! I'm getting sick of these threads hating on medical MJ and med patients. They are not the problem!!!

15. Well, maybe you SHOULD care!

All cannabis use is medical use, whether YOU realize it or not!

THC is about 10 times more effective at preventing the deposit of amyloid plaque than Aricept! That little CB1 receptor in your brain doesn't care if you are using THC for a giggle or a serious medical problem, when it's activated it is going to stop that plaque! :D

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

Marijuana Compound Found Superior To Drugs For Alzheimer's (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]La Leva di Archimede (ENG): Marijuana Compound Found Superior To Drugs For Alzheimer's[/FONT]

No amyloid plaque, no Alzheimer's! And you never know it's happening, your brain just doesn't get Alzheimer's! :D

Then there is the case of those two little Canadian girls with brain cancer!

Tumors Regressing - Thanks to Cannabis? (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Tumors Regressing[/FONT]

Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression, Study Says | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform[/FONT]

If cannabis caused their tumors to shrink and die, what do you think the chances are for a pot smoker to get one of these cancers? And they would never know that a puff of pot caused that first cell that mutated into an astrocytoma to die before it became a tumor!

What else can cannabis prevent? Try clicking that first link in my sig and start reading!

Granny :wave:

16. I think most active tokers are scared to speak out because they (justifiably) don't want to draw attention to themselves. And since so many people think that "marijuana will become legal in five years" everyone's just sitting back quietly and waiting for that to happen.

But it never will.

There's not nearly enough people educating parents about how the prohibition's jeopardizing the safety of THEIR kids. And there's not enough people telling taxpayers how THEIR money's being wasted on a prohibition that doesn't even stop CHILDREN getting marijuana.

We need NON-smoking parents and taxpayers demanding legalization before we'll get anything changed at the federal level!

17. I tried to convince my parents (democrats) that prohibition was the problem and they needed to sign the petition here in Missouri. They just couldn't get it. My mom is convinced it is a gateway drug, even though I explained to her that the gateway effect is a product of prohibition and not the plant itself. If a marijuana dealer also sells ecstasy (popular here in KC) then he's gonna try to get you to buy some ex. I've had a dealer try to sell me opium before. When you go to the store and buy beer they don't also try to sell you 5 hour energy or redbull or coffee.

My parents just don't get it though. They don't really see anything that bad about using just cannabis, but they believe it is a gateway drug and you will eventually move on to other things because that has been pounded into their brains from the time they were very young. They can't be convinced otherwise, no matter how many facts I show them. This is one very sad truth that the legalization movement has to fight. The government loves for people to think that cannabis itself is not that bad, but it makes people want to try other drugs. But they don't tell people it does that because illegal black market dealers also sell other drugs and try to sell those other drugs to their cannabis users because it benefits them financially.

As long as people believe there is something inherent in the cannabis plant that makes those who try it want to try worse drugs, they will oppose its legalization. This is very sad but very true.

We NEED someone on national television, on every news station, explaining that the gateway effect is a product of prohibition and not a side effect of using the cannabis plant itself. Which in itself is more than enough. If you love the effects of the cannabis plant then you don't need to seek out other things. Unfortunately people in the older generations just don't understand this because they've been told for 4 decades that just using cannabis will make you want to use harder drugs.

18. Can't talk sh*t about Medical Cannabis when Granny's around, she'll f*ck you up with the facts. lol

And OP don't look at it that way. This section of the forum isn't that active because most of us probably just don't want to talk about all that when we're on this forum. Doesn't mean we're not for it, and could care less for it... it just means that some of us that are active about legalization just have other places to talk about it than here.

19. My only real problem with the medical industry is the fact that it's very quickly becoming "big weed". There are too many doctors, lawyers, growers, and dispensary owners who are making ridiculous amounts of money off the niche market that can still charge black market prices. I've lived in two medical states (Washington, and Colorado) and in both of those places just getting my recommendation and my card would have not only cost me more than a month of my weed budget, but I couldn't afford dispensary prices when compared to my local hookups who could get me $100 ounces.

In Washington right now, for example, the "No on I-502" campaign is being supported more by the medical industry than the traditional leaders in prohibition.

4/20: Small Businesses Celebrate Cannabis Culture, but Fight Legalization | Inc.com

20. ^Same as street drug dealers I say. No different.

They know once legalized the price will fall drastically and they won't be able to rip their customers off anymore.