No nutes for 30 days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChiefFuzzyNutts, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Unknown sativa dominant strain
    145 days from seed
    12 weeks from 12/12 (about 10 weeks flowering)
    Under 250w 8u CFL (about 150w total cfls on sides)
    5gal bucket of FFOF
    (during 12/12) feeding bitonicare pure blend pro bloom 1-4-5

*** I've been checking the trichs and I'd say about 90% cloudy 10% clear (I've seen 2 or 3 random amber)

So I ran out of nutrients about 30 days ago.
    just kept with regular watering schedule (properly ph'd water)
    I just got more today in the mail. (same 1-4-5 listed above)
    I'm guessing I may have 2-4 more weeks for premium harvest timeframe (just guessing)

The foliage is about 30% yellow and withering
    But I know that when you get closer to harvest that's natural for them to do so and some fall off
    She has a few battle wounds from earlier in flowering so this didn't just happen over night

Considering this should I just finish her without any nutes or start feeding again?

Here's some pics. Shes not as yellow as she looks in these pics. It's the lights

Any advice welcome. (besides setup, it's a little late for that. And hell it's my first time)

2. image-731536159.png

image-2147367253.png

image-3531966787.png

image-587747223.png

image-1241214169.png

Attached Files:

3. Pics didn't upload

4. [quote name='"COMtnMan"']Pics didn't upload[/quote]

I posted them right below

5. Next time you run out just go to Home Depot, Lowes etc and buy some nutes. Look for ones that match the requirements of your plants...for the most part nutes are nutes and most certainly miracle grow or scotts etc would of served your purposes. The thing to avoid from them is the soil not that nutes.

6. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']Next time you run out just go to Home Depot, Lowes etc and buy some nutes. Look for ones that match the requirements of your plants...for the most part nutes are nutes and most certainly miracle grow or scotts etc would of served your purposes. The thing to avoid from them is the soil not that nutes.[/quote]

I appreciate the words but this doesn't help me right now. Thanks though

7. If you're letting her go for 4 more weeks, I'd feed her twice and then flush.

8. [quote name='"fluffykush"']If you're letting her go for 4 more weeks, I'd feed her twice and then flush.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice

9. Any more advice out there?

10. Checked out the tricomes yet?

11. [​IMG]

This pic tells me 14 daze or so man... I'd continue with plain water

12. [quote name='"420_Ozzie"']

This pic tells me 14 daze or so man... I'd continue with plain water[/quote]

Good lookin out man. I think this is what I'm gonna do.

13. The trichs will continue to develop a bit after harvest, but by how much I could only guess.

14. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']Checked out the tricomes yet?[/quote]

Yeah man. I check every other day or so.

I noted in the original post : 90% cloudy 10% clear ( and have seen 2 or 3 amber here and there)

I'm bad with % but I am willing to now say 95%cloudy 5% clear ( a few amber )

15. [quote name='"420_Ozzie"']The trichs will continue to develop a bit after harvest, but by how much I could only guess.[/quote]

Okay cool. I think I'd heard that at some point. Thanks for the tip. If you have any personal advice on anything concerning where I am now to the end of this experience I am always open to advice. I am familiar with the process in which I need to follow ( flush, hang, cure ) and most of the details. But considering you seem to be quite a veteran on this forum I figured maybe you could share a few words.

16. Id harvest and be done with it if its 90% cloudy. Girls taken a beating and its her time.

17. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']Id harvest and be done with it if its 90% cloudy. Girls taken a beating and its her time.[/quote]

Haha. This I true. I was considering this as well. Only thing I am concerned about is that there are a lot of smaller buds that haven't fully developed in the center. I don't have a current pic of what I'm talking about but I will put an old one that I started a thread for a few months back. ( in that thread I was asking about harvesting in phases and made a corny little diagram to show an example )

image-690143787.png

image-979922337.png

image-1626902618.png

18. imo i would go for the 2 stage harvest now,
    Middy

19. [quote name='"MIDLIFE"']imo i would go for the 2 stage harvest now,
    Middy[/quote]

Your prob going to wanna smack me, but can you clarify what you mean. ( just a lil more specific)

You mean cut her in half at the main stem and drop the light and let the bottom half mature for a couple more weeks?

20. Two stage harvest...

Stage one: Cut the top growth off, the stuff thats mature.
    -Let the bottom of the plant mature a bit
    Stage two: After the bottom matures, harvest the rest of the plant.

I'd go with your gut. As long as you dont pump anymore nutes into her she could come down anytime ... I like to have a couchlock stone compared to head high so I push the harvest limits.