NO?! NO!! Realy ?!!!! This can't be true....

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, May 28, 2010.

1. #1 Superjoint, May 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
    Research shows cannabis gives appetite

According to the research, Tetrahydrocannabinol, the main psychoactive substance found in the cannabis plant, makes you hungry. However, depending on the dose, it can also have the opposite effect.

Cannabis plays a crucial role in the modulation of food intake by making the consumer hungry, research carried out at the Basque Country Public University (UPV-EHU) shows.

The research, published by the Nature Neuroscience magazine and led by Doctor Giovanni Marsicano, shows which neurons are the responsible for giving you an appetite, something which was previously unknown.

According to the research, Tetrahydrocannabinol, the main psychoactive substance found in the cannabis plant, makes you hungry. However, depending on the dose, it can also have the opposite effect.

It has been proved that small doses of tetrahydrocannabinol give appetite while bigger amounts actually reduce it.

Increased understanding in this area could, according to the Basque university, be beneficial in the treatment of food-related illnesses and disorders, such as obesity and anorexia.

[​IMG]

2. finally, an explanation for why whenever I smoke I don't get the munchies..for a while I thought I was just crazy. Most of the time smoking makes me LESS hungry, I guess I just smoke a lot at a time :D

3. :O

NO

It can't be true!

I've never had this effect, anybody else? Some sort of cannabis-related hunger? Sounds like complete media propaganda bullshit to me. Does this study even cite its references? There's got to be a loophole somehwere.

:rolleyes:

4. NO WAY!!!! The only side effects of weed are psychosis, skitzophrenia, insomnia, and complete insanily...didnt you all watch refer madness.....hahahahhaha way to go Superjoint!!! Finding us funny things....when did they release that...yesterday or something....sounds about right for how behind people are on the knowledge of cannabis.....

5. I think this is propaganda.

6. Some groundbreaking research right there

7. science might actually catch up to pop culture within the next 5 years

writing lab reports takes time ok

8. Maybe thats why I have been losing weight?:confused_2: I never eat after smoking, kills my high and im just never hungry.

9. Wait a minute, what was that again? It can have the opposite effect too? *eyes pop out*

10. Tax dollars at work.

11. I heard of a new study coming out that is so goundbreaking, they are studying that there is a possibility that if you smoke marijuana, your eyes might turn red.

This is amazing research at its finest.

12. It is remarkable that this study has never been done considering that basically all it involves is smoking weed and eating.

13. I know we're being sarcastic and stuff, but isn't this what we actually want? I mean for years the research done on marijuana was absolute bullshit. If you watched The Union you'll know what I mean. Isn't this what we want? A better and greater understanding of marijuana. At least the CORRECT information is coming out and they're actually SCIENTIFICALLY TESTING IT. We need the academias on our side for this.

14. Whenever I'm starving and I smoke a bowl, my hunger goes away for about fifteen to twenty minutes. I guess this explains it. At least it gives me time to prepare my food all blown :D.

15. Wow, guys. This is ground-breaking science. I'm still waiting to hear from the researchers if water is wet or if the sun is bright.

16. I would have loved to participate in that study. Next thing you know, they might say that it makes you sleepy.