No music is good or bad.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Solar Being, May 19, 2011.

1. Seriously guys, stop insulting other people's music. If you don't like it that's fine, but it's not because the music is good or bad. We're different, we like different things based on a number of factors.

2. Sadly, people will equate difference with bad for a long time to come. All you can do is laugh at them with the people who know this.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOE-lCnGRUU&feature=related]YouTube - ‪CEDDYBU‬‏[/ame]

4. you sure about that?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak]YouTube - ‪Black Out Band - Video Games‬‏[/ame]

5. ^ shit goes too fuckin hard!

6. lol wow thats like... as bad as friday.

7. So music without tempo, rhythm, or harmony is good music?

A 2 YO playing drums with pots and pans like a retarded monkey is the definition of music to you? Of course not.

8. If people are happy to have a huge thread dickriding some group or artist, thats fine - they like it and that's their choice.

I agree that people should stop being such dicks about it but people that can't handle criticism of artists they like can fuck off equally as much of those who just bash for no reason..

9. Screamo is bad

10. People that talk in rymes that someone else wrote and have a electronic voice and electronic music that requires no talent is bad. If thats even music....

11. "Good" and "bad" are simply the labels we put on our opinions of music. I can say a band is bad, but only by my definition. I can't state it as a fact, that would just be ignorant. So, if I say an artist is good or bad, I'm just stating my opinion.

Now, you can call into question whether someone is an artist or not. For example, many pop singers do not write their own lyrics or melodies, they merely sing them. These people are simply not artists....at least not to me. You don't need any artistic vision to physically sing a song, just talent.

12. you say that but like

not to be a hipster but 99.9999999% of mainstream rock is awful

look at shit like nickelback avenged sevenfold 3 days grace

all absolute garbage

13. me and the group made a bet and are taking a break from techinical/progressive metal to write a super trashy mainstream album in a week to prove to the world that it takes little to no talent

14. Everyone has the right to say their own opinion, it is what makes the world so great

15. Yeah I had to realize this for myself a couple days ago. My friend was bumpin Mac Miller and I hate that douche bag, but a lot of people love him and there's nothing I can say or do to change that. Its not right or wrong to like him, but just my opinion.