No more more technology.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloud10_2003, Jul 13, 2012.

1. or not as much ....so do you think you guys can live like that...no more cell phones people calling/messaging you at all hours of the day with drama etc. like living off the grid with like a house phone maybe and only using the internet to do school stuff because i've noticed alot of people dont even interact anymore its all over the internet and text messages and shit ...what you guys think?

2. #2 Royksopp, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    My phone got stolen last Saturday and that's how I've been living.

House phone and internet.

What kind of sick fuck would ever want this?! I'm dying without my android I tell yah. Worst part is, the only phone I can get for cheaper (without paying $230 for the phone I had) is a crappier version of my phone. *twitch twitch* it's like they want me to suffer!!!!!!

So to answer your question, I am pretty addicted to technology. Could we live without it? Sure, we did for thousands of years. But we humans have become very dependent on it cuz...it makes life easier. And who doesn't like easy stuff? :p

3. More tech please. I want some badass holographic phone. And have cars that drive for me, how about flying cars.

Yes I could live without it why would I though. Technology is to make life easier, I hate people who complain about this, most people who sassy this wouldn't make it. it'd be a complete shell shock if my internet went missing.

4. I don't like all this technology we are living with. Yes some save life's and actually help, but most is pointless which people get too attached too.

We are to materialistic and I don't like it, oh well.

My dad tells me stories of how kids would go outside and meet up with others and play sports from dusk to dawn. Now a days kids have cell phones and Facebook and other shit.

No I'm just rambling, but too much technology is a bad thing, plain and simple.

5. Virtual gaming mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Can't wait to prance round jungles as a wood elf casting magic and shit. Yes, very homo

6. Dude if I could live in a cottage in the middle of the woods all I would need is the bare necessities, a chick, weed,my dog and a walking stick.
    As long as there is a hospital near by I would be happy.

7. I haven't had a cell phone in a couple years. I do have a tablet but it's my computer. I don't use the desktop or laptop unless the kid wants to use my tablet.

And the tablet is mainly just an over sized/overpriced mp3 player for me most of the time except on here and a game's chat I frequent for the sake of giving them hell. I still even buy a Chilton's for every car I own /gasp

8. Technology also makes you as dependent as an infant is to food...that's OK, we won't have to worry about feeding you types when the apocalypse hits. You won't stand a chance. :D

9. #9 Window Frame, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    Still rolling with the home phone. Have lived without internet and computers for long periods. Had TV and CD's though. Once you get past you electronic withdrawl you will notice you are more creative or spend your time in more interesting ways. Me and some friends started painting, one guy started doing carpentry, etc.... While some people do go crazy without the internet. Everyone gets a little shell shocked. It's called adjusting.

Makes it more stressful to me. Sure the computer is great. I love the internet. But doesn't having a cell phone on you drive you nuts? Everytime you check your phone it breaks your concentration for thirty seconds. I've seen people checking for messages that aren't there like crack addicts. You know you guys do it. It's because your addicted to that little vibration or sound that says "Someobody wants to talk to me!"

How does that make life easier? Edit: Take your cell phone and turn it on silent, place it out of reach from your computer seat. I would bet money that the majority of you get up within ten minutes and check it.

10. thats exactly what im saying....i used to go out and play with my friends ALL DAY then when my mom bought me a playstation 1 that stopped

11. I like it, but I could live without it.

12. People will say they can just to be a hipster about it. "Yea man I wish technology would just go away so it can just be me and nature." Too bad we've all become accustomed to things.

When the power goes out, are you not miserable?

13. I can say I am not miserable when the power goes out.

14. Hipster and no tech don't seem to go together at all.

My 70 year old mother uses her computer way more then I could ever dream of.

Sure i'm miserable, but that's due to a/c's, the grow light, and kids winning that they are going to die from boredom.

15. And lets all go back to living in caves and beating things with rocks!

16. [​IMG]

Read this or you have no idea what you're talking about.

17. People are lost in this materialistic society,The typical american is basically a computer themselves as much as they live in their phones etc.im american myself and do use technology,however theres been many times i went weeks without it,and just had music,and cigs etc.people arent living anymore.this society is commercial bullshit.Are things different in europe?

18. i went to the dominican republic for 3 months a couple years ago...on the countryside lol what happens there is the light is turned off for most of the day and it might come on sometimes at night or during the late afternoon.....no internet no cellphone i got too know SO MANY SEXY SPANISH GIRLS OMG and i lost weight cuz i got up and did shit then when i got back to america i gained it all back...(my fault yes) but i had internet and cellphones so i didnt even go out

19. FuturisticRyan doesn't like the use of technology?

20. I'm gonna have to check that out looks interesting, right up my alley.