No More Flavored Cigs/wraps/etc.??

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by HDT, Oct 14, 2009.

1. It only effects cigarettes so wraps are sort of in a grey area they should be fine.

2. I heard something about today. Someone was telling me that they stopped selling cloves. What about blacks and milds? no longer on sale?

3. no. it says, "all tobacco products with flavors." not trying to be a dickhead, i'm just tryin' to help the OP. and yea, I'd stock up if I were you :p

4. its such bullshit that they made cloves illegal. underage kids are just going to smoke regular cigarettes instead of cloves. making them illegal didnt change anything at all. i went to a smoke shop and bought a pack of cloves yesterday though. hahaha.

they are making clove cigars to replace the clove cigarettes though. the only difference is that they are going to wrapped in cigar paper and be a tiny bit bigger than the cloves cigs were. its no joke look it up online.

5. ive got a buddie that dropped $100 to stock up. its kinda crazy seeing that many blunt wraps in a bag. :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

6. Just bought a case of 60 Cigarillos!

7. i was in school in montana, and blunt wraps cant be sold there. so over thanksgiving a buddy stocked up and was gonna sell them. he bought like 180 wraps or something near that. and then one of the head shops started sellin them anyway.

i bought a couple packs of juicy j papers, i cant toke now anyway so ill see if there still good when i can. ill probably just end up using irie hemp papers anyway, there awesome

one of my local tobacco shops said it didnt include black n milds.. yet. im hoping it wont

8. isnt this like a million years old? i heard about this a while ago and it was suposed to go in act a while ago but i never saw anything taken out of my local shops. i would think wraps would be included to this beacause they are trying to get rid of "candy" flavored tobacco products. last time i checked adults werent really attracted by the name grape-o-licious. hahaha even though i love them..

9. hahaha reading all those flavors did make my mouth water,maybe they got a point. maybe change the names alittle and keep the flavors? Doo Doo Chocolate , Asshole apple ,Ball sweat lime.Yummie Yummie:yummy:

10. Right now the only thing that is affected is cigarettes, though the FDA has been vague whether or not they are going to extend the policy to menthol and flavored tobacco products other than cigarettes.

Hopefully they stop here as they have already banned my favorite cigarette, djarum blacks and I really will be pissed if shisha and blunts are also included.

11. what useless waste of taxpayers money. its 2009 and we are still going on about cigarettes? obama good job bro! this is like stopping kids from having sex.not gonna happen im sorry.

12. ^^^hahaha i agree

13. Yeah! Take that asshole smokers! No flavours! We're not going to have cigarette companies lower the nicotine, but take out the flavors! Going to do a lot of good, thank you FDA your doing so fucking good these days.

14. what about juicy jays

15. wow .... what i found interesting .......

" will the funding for the Center for Tobacco Products come from?

As set forth in the FSPTCA, after the start-up period, the funding for the Center and other activities related to the regulation of tobacco will come from user fees paid by manufacturers and importers of tobacco products.

What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the FSPTCA?

There are many requirements with deadlines outlined in the FSPTCA. Some highlights include:

• By October 2009, cigarettes will be prohibited from having candy, fruit, and spice flavors as their characterizing flavors.
    • By January 2010, tobacco manufacturers and importers will submit information to FDA about ingredients and additives in tobacco products.
    • By April 2010, FDA will reissue the 1996 regulation aimed at reducing young people's access to tobacco products and curbing the appeal of tobacco to the young.
    • By July 2010, tobacco manufacturers may no longer use the terms "light," "low," and "mild" on tobacco products without an FDA order in effect.
    • By July 2010, warning labels for smokeless tobacco products will be revised and strengthened.
    • By October 2012, warning labels for cigarettes will be revised and strengthened.

What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the FSPTCA?

The term “tobacco product” means any product made or derived from tobacco that is intended for human consumption, including any component, part, or accessory of a tobacco product. This includes, among other products, cigarettes, cigarette tobacco, roll-your-own tobacco, and smokeless tobacco.

When will we begin to see new product labeling on tobacco products?

By July 2010, warning labels for smokeless tobacco products will be revised and strengthened. By October 2012, warning labels for cigarettes will be revised and strengthened. Warnings for cigarettes will comprise the top 50 percent of the front and rear panels of the package. " - FDA

------

[​IMG]

We will soon see cig warnings like this (above)