Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No matter what roller I use, I can't stop this problem!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Auto-Bud-Man, Nov 30, 2018.

1. I'm getting frustrated.
    I've owned several joint rollers; the kind you shut the lid with, the RAW rollers in various sizes, even just got the Tommy Chong King Sized Cone roller, and with them all...I keep having this problem.

Here it is: When I put the paper in while rolling, the leading edge of the paper won't curl around and tuck under the trailing edge of the paper reliably. Sometimes it works but generally it takes me several tries and re-starts to get a joint. See the picture.

Is there some secret that I'm not aware of?

rolling error.jpg

2. [​IMG]
    With moveable roller facing you insert weed. Close roller. Roll back and forth slightly until it's moving easy.
    Insert paper gum up and facing you. Roll downward until paper is mostly in roller.
    Lick gum edge. Finish rolling paper in place. Count to 5 and open roller.

I've used them since 1969 and rarely miss doing a perfect doobie.
    I can knock them out in about 10 seconds each.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok. I just talked to a relative of mine who said that she slightly moistens the leading edge so when it comes around, it will "catch" and begin to roll instead of just coming right back out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Except that much of the time the paper doesn't "catch" and curl around in a spiral, it just does a "canoe" action and I don't know until I open it up.

In any case, a relative of mine just answered the question for me, she said that if the leading edge isn't "slightly" damp, it might not catch and start the spiral rolling which is what's been happening.

Otherwise what I'm doing is EXACTLY the way you describe it above.

5. ditch the gimmicks, grab a pack of zig zag blues and learn how to roll by hand!!

Once you run thru that pack you'll be a pro!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you can't roll why don't you use a pipe/bong/vape instead:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I do. I just wanted to know why this was happening, now I know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. #8 Auto-Bud-Man, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    I just gave the "leading edge moistening" technique a try and I rolled a perfect joint...first time.

I guess this thread is closed now. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. rj1.jpg
    rj2.jpg
    good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. [​IMG]
    The Joint Rolling Handbook: Expert Edition

by
    Richard Kemplay,
    The definitive connoisseur's guide to the art of rolling joints, this book includes step-by-step illustrated instructions for a variety of techniques, with advice on papers, optimal joints shapes and mixtures of pot. Kemplay also includes no-nonsense information on health, short- and long-term effects of marijuana smoking, and the law. Illustrations.

The Joint Rolling Handbook.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  11. Practice Practice Practice

• Like Like x 1
  12. I roll my own but getting the leading edge moist greatly improved results. I lick a finger, rub it against my thumb to even it out, then rub the edge of the paper with the moist finger. I've found licking the edge directly can cause tears from too much moisture.

• Like Like x 1
  13. In reply to this I'll update my results since yesterday. I'm at 100% for rolling now. I've rolled pins, fatties, and a couple of giant cones and all worked great the first time, each time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haha i have that book rolled a tuplip from its tutorial but havent looked at it really since lol

• Like Like x 1