No matter how bad a situation is...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by crystal ship, Sep 9, 2010.

1. There's always a small part inside of me that hopes it gets worse. Surely you can relate? When you see a fire on the news do you root for the firemen or do you wait for the fire to spread?

2. I feel you. In a slightly different way, I suppose, though. I keep wishing we'd get a devastating earthquake, or a massive tsunami, or a volcano eruption. Just to keep things interesting. And I'm always excited when i see a massive team of ambulances and fire engines rushing off somewhere. I'm not sure if this makes me strange or not.

3. Hell yea, i want to see the whole building explode hahaha

4. i want to see the world go up in flames!!!!!;):smoke:

5. Go to page 94 of this Google book, and read "The News Turns Me On" and "Fuck Pakistan." I think you will find what you are looking for!

6. only way i can relate to that is that i hope that some massive meteor or something kills about 2 or 3 billion people. not because i want to see them die but because humans are too over populated. LOL:smoke::smoke:

7. Grass man has it right. While I obviously don't wish death and destruction and sorrow on people, there are far too many humans on the earth, and it only gets worse and worse through exponential expansion. The population needs to go way down, not way up. I don't get why everyone is so determined to have two and three and four or more kids to pollute the earth with. Craziness.

8. I know exactly what you mean. When I'm cheefin, i like to think about life and view to the very worst possible situation.

9. Most people agree.....yet if you make one little 9/11 joke all of a sudden you're a terrible person. :confused_2:

10. Not really exponential. World population growth rates are actually reducing. But yes, I agree with the basic idea

11. It's called gay people. Trust there is always a plan.

12. Life will find a way.

[​IMG]

13. But not our form of life. :eek:

14. #14 Shanx420, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    I can agree with that, but only when I'm in two different states of mind. If I'm sad, or if I'm angry.

If I'm sad, I wish something would happen that would end my life.

If I'm angry, usually it's because of something that the world has done to me. Be it not having enough money, not having a girlfriend, something big going wrong or something I value being lost or broken. And sometimes I just get angry because I just simply hate the way the world is and wish it would change because I don't want to participate in something I disagree with so strongly. Either way, usually I want something really bad to happen to a lot of people, because at the time, I feel like I need some major revenge lol. Or I feel like people need a wake up call, or things like that.

But I can't say I honestly enjoy watching people suffer at all. In fact I've always hated horror movies, especially modern ones like Saw or Hostel where they put a lot of focus on slow torturous deaths. Death doesn't bother me, but watching people die or suffer extreme physical pain, especially in the case of body mutilation like in the movies I mentioned because in that case, the person has to come to terms with potentially permanent physical disfigurement as it's happening, which has got to be some unbelievable mental anguish. It just makes me sick. It's terrible. I think torture has got to be more evil than just killing a person. To kill a person shows some mercy compared to forcing someone to suffer, or significantly reducing their quality of life by paralyzing them or removing a limb and then letting them live. That's even worse I think. Life can be Heaven or Hell, and to force someone to suffer in Hell rather than quickly give them Heaven with a bullet to the dome or something, is fucked up!

But most of the time, I'm able to realize such desires are bad and produced by the ego or desire body, or whatever.

15. I'm like a vampire of sadness.
    It's extremely weird. It's like the sorrow of others cheers me up.

I don't wish negativity upon others but when it does happen i go from depressed to ecstatic.
    Probably makes me a bad person but w/e

16. Man after seeing this massive gas explosion in CA i feel kinda bad that i said i'm the type who likes to see the whole building blow up haha...this situation in Cali is just sad, 50+ homes lost so far and atleast 6 people dead.

17. I root for the firemen...

18. Actually, no. I've been through enough already. I've been desenitized to everything, I could witness a man getting his head decapitated and not even flinch. Not anymore though. Just recently, I watched a brutal decapitation and I almost broke down. I honestly can't say I wish suffering upon anything whether it be living or dead. :(

19. It's funny for me the bigger the death toll I find my self looking at the statistics of it and tend not even think about the pain it causes people. But when a little girl dies and you hear about it on the news it breaks my heart and I feel really bad :(.

20. I feel the same way to the point that I purposely sabotage myself to see something new or exciting its crazy maybe I'm just bored with my life or something but I find myself rooting for the bad guy more often then I feel I should its weird. I wanted ?????? and ??????? to be :hello: in Salt (Can't find block highlights to prevent spoilers but basically speaking of the end of Salt) I just wanted to see that happen to explore the thought of recovery and rebuilding and how a massive crater would have looked at those locations and how the world would have reacted to that. I think of these things alot I mean I look at odorless charcoal ignition fuel and think hmmm that would make an awesome poison and I only think I'm a bad person when I'm around people then I see the blue pill poppers and I'm like fuck everything I am who I am because of you fuckers lol. I guess its a specialty we all share, a high tolerance for bullshit cuz we do wanna see a perfect world wrecked and rebuilt and we're perfectly fine with that. Sounds weird as fuck saying it cuz it feels like you shouldn't be saying it but hey, if thats what you believe then the only thing stopping you is yourself :smoke: