No light for seedlings

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dukedogg76, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Have a couple bs seedlings showing first set of true leaves. They got here quicker than I thought and can either get them under a 400w MH/HPS or order the 400w Ceramic Metal Halide I really want (and for 20% less cost) but it would need to be shipped and would not get here for a couple days.

My area is experiencing 12/12 sunlight naturally and this is all the girls are getting through a window. They've only been showing the second set for 36 hours.

Can they wait for the light I want, or should I get the lamp from my Local hydro store, and just buy the CMH bulb later?

2. Your HPS is fine from start to finish or veg in MH. If you do not have your light yet order it and go to Walmart get some CFLs. Easy

3. Thanks for the response. The temp CFL's is a good idea. Do you think the early 12/12 exposure could cause my babies to hermie? Isn't 12/12 what they get on the spring before the days get long?

4. Nope youll be fine. Cannabis cant be made to flower before it matures. It takes a plant 20-30 days to even be able to be ready to flower. Then what 12/12 does is induce a hormonal change. When you flip the lights it takes many days as far out as 2 weeks from when you do to induce it. The hormone builds and builds then its changes...like puberty in humans say. That hormone as well can be dissipated and the plant reverts back to veg if enough light for long enough is on it. Anyhow your fine.