No legalization for NY state again.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by TimJ, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Hey man, at least the train is rolling. Like you say, they making the law. We just gotta play along.

• Like Like x 2
  2. According to the Democrat & Chronicle..

The legislation passed by a margin of 43 to 20 in the Senate and 100 to 49 in the Assembly.

The law will also allows every New Yorker over the age of 21 to grow up to three mature and three immature cannabis plants at a time, with a maximum of 12 plants per household.

But recreational use growing can't begin until 18 months after the first legal sales at dispensaries or consumption sites. Certified patients in the state's medical marijuana program, however, can begin growing six months after the law takes effect.

So, it looks like folks like me that cannot not afford the ridiculous costs of proving medical needs, will still be arrested and incarcerated for growing. BTW, I've been disabled since 2001. That is NOT proof for the NY state department of health. We need current doctors to agree with a listed aliment. I haven't been to a doctor in years, I don't trust them after what they did to me. I guess I'll need to continue to be a criminal and hope they don't catch me and if they do, fight for the folks left in the loophole like I am. Hope this new bill once signed in helps some of you out there. I may not even be alive in 2024-2025..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tim,
    What state are you in? Here in Florida cannabis doctors have set up to specialize in making sure your medical history can justify getting medical cannabis.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NY state.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is there any chance they will lax the crackdown efforts since this change or?

Man there just has to be a good ole greedy Dr somewhere there who can be greased for a slip. Damn there’s enough of them who do it for pills.

This sucks man cause I was all ready to rag on you for showing up here this morning all “high flutin legal state” but the celebration is dampened a bit due to the delay.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nothing is clear about the bill as all news coming out is different. Some are reporting home grow is legal now and others still show similar to the original bill. I posted this elsewhere in a discussion on our medical program here in NY.

My sister is A Nurse practitioner that is Medical Marijuana certified. We live in the same 2 family dwelling. Every medical patient that I've seen so far drives an Escalade, Mercedes, Cadillac or Jaguar. And mind you, we live in an area that has 5 LARGE trailer parks. Not a rich area and I have not seen a single rust bucket pull in for a Medical marijuana card. We have also not seen one single person of color. The current program is a joke, designed for the rich to obtain legal cannabis. If immediate home growing was not included in this bill, it will not help the minority or poor class's one bit. And that is what Cuomo, the governor of the working class had promised,right?

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I’m reading mixed things too. 5 lbs and 3 plants in the home?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I convinced my spinal doctor about the profitability of such a venture. He went to all the conferences and certifications before the law was finalized and he is doing it all. Pills, spinal procedures and cannabis scripts that last a year if I recall. Trust me as much greed as NY harbors you guys will be hooked up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #89 TimJ, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 12 plants. That is good news. Happy for you my brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The law says that I can grow up to six plants in my home—can I plant those seeds now?
    Until the MRTA sets up the regulatory system for growing marijuana, home growing is still technically unlawful—but there are no criminal penalties for it. I'm getting bumperstickers made up with this message. technically unlawful—but there are no criminal penalties for it

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. What the hell man, drop some babies and start making NY green bro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Here's a copy of the actual bill. The way I read this, I can start growing today April 1rst and posses 3 ounces on my person and also have 5 pounds in a secured location inside my home. You can skip to the last paragraph. It reads effective immediately.
    NY State Senate Bill S1527C

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I read that 5lb rule last night. They bring out SWAT for that amt of weed in the south. And probably call it a violent crime.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ::awaits Tim’s grow thread:: :popcorn:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I get what your saying. At least now in NY it will be easy to stay inside of the states fair regulations. I'm happy with a 12 plant household max too.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Me too. Not sure about a Journal right away. But, it will happen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm in NY, and I'm taking advantage of growing in my back yard. I'm a newbie but I've done my research. Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Feast soil to start with some added perlite in 7Lb grow bags. I'm currently germinating my feminized Lady's in a glass of spring water as we speak. Purple Aliens, The Cheese is on its way also. It's Been almost 24hrs of germination. I'll advise once my germination happens. I'm stoked. Plants love me and I love plants. I seem to have a green thumb from my Italian bloodline.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Man I went to this thread and it sent me to the front page instead of where I left off so I was :blink: as I read the opening post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1