No humidity

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MyStonerName, Feb 18, 2016.

1. So I just did a test run I my mini fridge grow. At the end of 12 hours my temperature was around 82 degrees which I think is fine but my humidity dropped down to 10 percent. This is the box I'm going to use for flowering but hat still seems really low. Its a small space so I cant really fit a pan or a bowl of water in it. When I transfer my plants to this box should I lightly spray them morning and night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Do you have a fan in there at all? You can put a wet sponge in there, in front of a fan is best just don't let it get nasty.

3. I would add a humidifier. The humidity during veg is very important to nutrient uptake. Aim for 50-60%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. If you have any intake at all on the box you should be able to put a humidifier in the room outside the box and raise humidity that way because it will suck the humid air in.

5. did you actually have wet soil in there?

6. I do not yet. This was a test run.
    Yes I have a intake fan. I was thinking the sponge idea as well but wasn't sure.
    Will having a humidifier not raise the humidity to much?

7. If your at 10% you need a humidifier, other things will help but not as much.

8. problem solved.

You had no moisture in there. How is humidity going to build when you had nothing wet in there?

9. What happens if I dont give a shit and dont mess with the humidity at all? Will my plants die?

10. The relationship between relative humidity and grow space temperature is pretty important, and often times overlooked by new growers...

Having a pot of moist soil with a living plant in it will most certainly raise the RH in your grow space. But will it be enough in such a confined space where you're exhaust fan will most likely be running more often than not to compensate for the heat generated by your light? [​IMG]

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/temperature-hum...

11. I think the temp is fine. But my exhaust fan is drawing all the moisture out along with the heat.

12. Mine did ok when it was down to about 30% i just misted them every morning. Honestly i'm not sure they even needed that.

13. #13 SativaDreams, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    Water a pot of soil and run your setup and see what your humidity is it will probably go up to at least 30 percent if not your maybe exchanging to much air

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Basically what Watoo said but different...lol I guess I sgould read all the replies

14. And depending how serious you are I have grown in low humidity and all was ok

15. Ill try a pot of soil tonight. The mini fridge is in a old bathroom, powder room. So ill pot a pot in the fridge and I'll hang some wet towels on the walls to get an idea if it'll even go up

16. Well I put a mini ice tray, that came with the fridge, filled with water in last night and this morning it was completely evaporated when I woke up. The problem is that it was dryer then 10 percent again. Even though I dont want to I'll have to get a humidifier. Ill try a few more methods to get the humidity up but I kinda doubt anything less then a humidifier will work.

17. It will be higher with actual plants in there

18. I hope so. My exhaust fan is really powerful but I need it because its what's keeping my fridge from gettin so hot.

19. Perhaps it's time to seek different options? What lighting are you using?

20. Cfls