Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No Hope

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by astrocadet, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I have (I assume) developed social phobia, anxiety, and depression in my lifetime. I have tried it all. I went to therapy for a year in a half (give or take), taken all kinds of prescriptions over the years, and I have also smoked Cannabis. Cannabis took the win by a long shot: Natural, simple, harmless, and effective to say the least.
    My sister was diagnosed with lupus a few years back, and ALL of her medications have side-effects. In fact, the Darvocets she was prescribed are now discontinued. I live in Mississippi. I don't want to buy from a "drug dealer." I don't want to go to prison for growing a plant that greatly benefits my family. Anyone else in a similar situation? I can't move, I'm already enrolled here.

2. darvocet is the worst PK I've ever taken, wasn't surprised to see it got discontinued.

and if you're enrolled in school in Mississippi you could always transfer to an MMJ friendly state! In fact, there's a lot higher chance of getting accepted into most universities when transferring than when applying as a freshmen. Good luck with your situation man

3. Find yourself a secluded spot, and plant some! Pick a day when you know it will rain later on and put some seeds in the ground!

Or if you live off campus, make yourself a "very well lit closet" like I have! :D

But move ASAP! Finish this semester and then transfer. Your health is more important than anything! And although I don't have much on lupus, show sis these-

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by Lisa Swiderski (anecdotal - no date)
    Systemic Lupus Erythematosus by Lisa Swiderski

Cannabis May Suppress Immune System (news - 2003)
    Cannabis May Suppress Immune System

Systemic Lupus by Dawn (anecdotal - 2005)
    Erowid Experience Vaults: Cannabis - Systemic Lupus - 49481

How Cannabis Compares to other aging treatments (article - 2008)
    Aging comparision of medicine chart with medical marijuana

Suppression of human macrophage interleukin-6 by a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid acid. (abst - 2008)
    PubMed home

There are sections in my list on "Depression" and the "Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects" of cannabis that you should read. There are even a few on "Social Adjustment"! I suggest that you click that first link in my sig and just start reading!

Then, after educating yourself, think about sending a few studies to your doctors. The post office does NOT require return addys on letters. ;) Educating doctors about cannabis is a GOOD thing!

Granny :wave:

4. Moving (from South Carolina to Oregon) is the best decision I ever made. I hope you will consider being active in your local legalization groups, or national Norml, while you wait to escape.

5. #5 Arisia, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
    I have Systemic Lupus (among other things), and I find that MJ helps. I don't personally think it acts as a DMARD (it doesn't seem to calm the actual disease process), but it does help with the muscle pains, and joint pains. I can't take NSAIDs or opiate based pain killers anymore, and MJ has been a godsend.

The Lupus medication I take (plaquenil) causes very vivid and disturbing dreams, and MJ helps with that too (I don't seem to have them, or at least don't remember them if I vape before going to sleep).

I have trouble breathing, and the last time I used opiates I ended up in the ER. The opiates increased my breathing difficulties significantly. MJ does not affect my breathing negatively (though I do get a mild anxiety reaction to it).

For me, MJ does not help with muscle spasms (at least none of the strains I've tried... from 60% Indica to 100% Indica ).

IMO, MJ is a very useful medication for treating Lupus.

6. .....

7. yeah i'd rather spend an eternity in hell then a week in Mississippi no offense
    i suggest you move

8. Well if you lived here maybe you'd understand why it's not so bad. Just the marijuana laws..