Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"no heat" oil questions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hunte12, May 7, 2010.

1. Hi, I read on a few different websites that you can soak herb in oil in a glass jar instead of putting it on a fire. The downside is that it takes longer. I've read that it takes anywhere from 2 days to 1 month+

I've been soaking mine for 4 days now in vegetable oil and putting it in a sunny spot and I haven't noticed a darker color difference in the oil that has been mentioned when using a heating method for the oil. I figure if it comes down to it I can just heat it on the stove if I get impatient because I wanted to have this for tomorrow after my finals.

Has anyone used a no heat method? Any advice based on experience?

2. i've never heard of an instance where no heat oil worked..but activating the weed before hand might actually work..if you heat it then grind it then put it in the bottle..because it would be a lil bit faster rippin out the thc..but with dry bud..and oil in a bottle seems like something that would take weeks..(stored in the dark and not in the light)

3. Hmm, well that is unfortunate, I hope I can at least salvage it if I heat it in the stove. It has just been sitting doing nothing all week. I'll update whenever I decide to do it.

4. No heat oil, theoretically, could and SHOULD work. It would just be an argument of time. It will definitely work on the stove tho... simmer on low, stirring every 15 minutes for about an hour to an hour and a half.