Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe No heat, ABV Coconut Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sherak, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Had a search around and dont really seem to have a defintive answer on this so figured I'll just try it out.

Good few years ago I saw a recipe on here for no heat firecrackers, just make the cracker wrap tight in foil and leave for a week or more in a warm cupboard, it seemed to work so this could work I guess?

I mixed up 15g of ABV with 200g of coconut oil (whilst in liquid form).. Left for a week... its quite warm here so its kind of the verge of liquid/solid I occationaly pulled it out and put the jar it in a bowl of hot water to liquidify the oil.

I tried a little touch of it yesterday but the bits of ABV were rank so I've ordered a cheese cloth to strain it.

Once done I will take a dose and let you know the results.

Obviously there are lots of factors in play here because im using ABV but figure its worth a play, I would normaly just make shortbread with the ABV, they are rankish due to the grittyness but handleable.

Peace

2. Should work fine in my opinion/experience (assuming you decarbed).

3. Its ABV so yeah its decarbed, you can just eat a couple of gram raw if you want and it gets you high but the eating is a miserable affair.

4. #4 BrassNwood, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    220 F for 20 minutes is all the heat I use when making edible oil. I mostly use a toaster oven but I have done it on my Mr. Coffee Mug heater.
    [​IMG]
    If the oven is full of stuff decarbing I'll work up a batch of oil on the hot plate as it is not all that critical and the end product is the same.

We worked up the same recipe cold @ 7 days for testing and while it does work to some degree I'll say it's only 25% effective using the same Kief, Coconut oil and Lecithin as I always do.

Use a metal dish and leave it in the sun a couple of hours.
    Sun heated batches came out full strength. Keep in mind this is hot So Cal so the dishes were to hot to pick up. Same as coming out of a 220 F degree oven. ( 2 hours of mid day sun )

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Works with any cannabis product.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. You decarbed before, or after you vaped it? If you decarbed before vaping, did you find it changed the effect or "stoniness" you got from vaping the pre-decarbed herb?

I find a coffee grinder works well for solving the "miserable" texture. ;)

6. Ty for info will give that method a go with some trim I have.

The vaping decarbs the weed, I use a Pax 3 and just save up all the waste. Nice tip on the coffe grinder I think Ihave one somewhere will give it a go.

7. #7 puddleglum, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    You vaped 40 minutes at 240F? Did that even get you high?!? I would think no THC vaporizes at such low temperature. I always thought you had to get the vape up to at least 350F to actually get high from it. (Which of course, 350F is much too hot to decarb!) If you check out this graph, you will see decarb starts to lose its effectiveness above 250F:

[​IMG]

8. I notice your using a coffe cup heater as a hotplate, Ive seen one that can get to 150f.. is this hot enough to infuse?

9. I think we are at cross purposes here, Im making the oil from ABV (All ready been vapourised) not fresh bud. Its a way to get the most out your weed, basically I vape in a Pax3 which heats the weed at 360°F to 420°F. You vape and get baked but the stuff left over still has a small ammount of THC left in it, because its been vaped its been decarbed so you can technically eat a spoonful of this vaped weed and get baked off it, but its rank... I normaly just bake the ABV straight into shortbread, im looking for a way to utilize the ABV without having to eat it.

10. #10 puddleglum, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    You keep saying that, but vaping time/temp and decarb time/temp are different. They are not the same chemical process: vaping makes your herb weaker, but decarb makes your herb stronger. Do yourself a favor and try decarbing your ABV next time. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

I eat ABV edibles almost every day. The flavor doesn't bother me much, but I can see how some people might find it unpleasant. Out of curiosity have you tried vaping less (lower temperature and/or shorter vape time) to see if that improves the flavor of your ABV edibles? I like to do 2 hits at 390F. I find if I vape above 400F, and/or take more than 3 hits, then I don't like the resulting edibles as much.

Also make sure to keep your PAX clean. I've heard that "dirty oven" is the most common complaint with that model vape, and I can see how that might make your ABV edibles foul-tasting.

Oh yeah, and "looking for a way to utilize the ABV without having to eat it," have you tried suppositories? (aka "up the butt") See my avatar for dosage suggestion. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. They are just on. They have no temp control and draw 13 watts. Left under a cup of coffee they will keep it hot. .

I use mine to keep the Hash-coconut oil goo nice and hot so it flows easy in an eyedropper when I fill capsules.
    The goo gets to hot and I either switch the hot plate off for a few minutes or just move the dish off till it cools a bit so Yes the mug heater gets plenty hot enough for infusion. Might even get a decarb with it. It would do the Hash-Kief for sure.

I'm working with a small stainless steel cat food dish and just 3 tablespoons of Coconut oil. I'm guessing the far small amount of fluid and the smaller dish lets the contents get well past 150 F. The goo gets to hot to hold a just filled capsule with bare fingers.

I have done the infusion step many times on the hot plate when the oven is full and I'm trying to get as much done as I can and I've never noticed any of the capsules being underpowered.

BNW

• Like Like x 1

12. TY for the advice man and lolzzzz re supositories :)

As for ABV and decarbing, I'm kinda new to the whole edibles thing because I always preffered smoking and vaping but recently wanna try to cut out the smoking so started investigating. Ive always saved and eaten my ABV though, normlay I just bake it into shortbread and its always done the job. Ive been doing this for many years under the assumption that the process of vaping the weed also decarbs it otherwise how would it get you high just by vaping it, I also consulted grasscity and various other sources to see if this was the case and the general consensus is ABV is decarbed by default. Here is a article for example.

The Ultimate Guide To Already Been Vaped (ABV) Cannabis | Vapor Blog UK.

Q: Can I eat ABV straight and will it get me high?

A: Yes, you can! Normally when you make edibles with fresh cannabis, it must be decarboxcylated (heated for a little while) in order to convert THCA into the psychoactive THC which gives you a buzz. However, since ABV is cannabis which has already been heated, it will be decarboxylated and thus ready for use.

13. TY man, Ive ordered some caps and have a plug in hot plate that can handle low temps. Im gonna make some from decent bud using your receipe.

I strained off the ABV Coco oil yesterday and have just done 4ml.. be interesting to compare teh abv oil to the proper bud oil as I do belive the effects can be quite differnt.

14. Whats the ratio/ingredients..

Say 250g of cocunut oil, how much lecithin and bud?

15. BadKats standard recipe.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    5 grams decarbed anything, if using bud grind to dust.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

Fills about 30 standard (0) capsules.

BNW