no growth at 3 weeks from seed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by natureman, Oct 23, 2016.

1. I germed seeds in small pots.
    I have them under two 300 watt led's on 18/6 cycle.
    They got two sets of leaves and then just stopped growing.
    I made the mistake of transplanting the seedlings in to larger fabric pots.
    After 3 weeks of no growth I wasn't sure what the problem was.
    I went and bought better soil,some peat moss and some cow manure.
    I mixed the soil and peat moss with equal portions and added a little less cow manure then the equal parts
    of the soil and peat moss.
    I then threw in enough perlite for some moisture retention.
    I then took the plants from the larger containers,rinsed off the roots and replanted them back in to smaller pots.
    I am just trying to experiment to find out if my plants will start root production and start growing after I did all of this.
    I just replanted them today back in to the smaller pots
    I will keep updating this thread from time to time.
    Please feel free to add any advice on how to get more root growth and plant growth over all.

2. Pics would be great under leds they should be jumping fr

3. But post some pics

4. So u had them in big pots and replanted n smaller pots normally best to plant in smaller pot then work your way up but if you start in a larger pot it's best just to leave it in that pot The Roots will eventually get strong enough and grow and is that homemade soul if so if I were you I would go and get Fox Farm Light Warrior it worked wonders with my seedlings

5. Update:My plants are doing very poorly.
    I am scrubbing this grow since there hasn't been any growth in 25 days.
    I'm not sure what is going on with them.
    I tried just about everything to try and get them to grow but nothing worked.
    This isn't my first grow and I never came across a problem like this one.
    I'm germinating some more seeds right now so hopefully these ones will do a lot better.
    I'm going to grow a few in soil and a few in my hydro system.
    Haven't done hydro for a while but I always have great results with it.
    I'll be using Cutting Edge Nutes for the hydro.
    I will keep you all updated as to my next grow so stay tuned.
    If any of you feel that I can rescue these ones that had no growth then feel free to comment.

Attached Files:

6. what what kind of soil are you going to use I would prefer Fox Farms Light Warrior and then to swap at the end of veg 2 Fox Farms ocean Forest but I think I'm just going to use the Light Warrior and have added earthworm castings and I'm using RX green nutrients and mine are healthy

7. I know what I'm doing,I've been doing it for a while now.
    I think the seeds are just some bad pheno types.
    I bought them from Nirvana and have gotten good seeds in the past.
    The last couple of times I ordered from them though I got bad pheno seeds.
    These last ones I ordered were White Widow and the ones before that were Blue Mystic.
    The Blue Mystic seeds were bad ones and did poorly.
    These seeds were all grown in soil.

8. I I didn't mean to insinuate that you don't know what you're doing I was just telling you what I did and it worked pretty good for me

9. so you have transplanted 3 times in 3 weeks and wonder why they aren't growing ? and you say " I know what I'm doing,I've been doing it for a while now."
    from what you said you don't know what you are doing , so try this handy link
    Tutorial: How to Grow Cannabis Indoors! | Grow Weed Easy

10. Dude,I do not need some instructional tutorial to tell me what I already know.
    I do know that they are stressed out from being moved so much from one container to another.
    I realize my mistakes.
    after those seedlings did not get more then two sets of leaves I felt that they were not in the right soil.
    I had then in Miracle grow soil to begin with since that's all I had at the time.
    After no growth I then went out and bought some organic soil.
    I did not over water them or cook them under my lights.
    What I would like is for someone to tell me if there's anything that can be done to bring them back.
    If not I'm not going to sweat it.
    If you want to give me some good advice on how to bring them back then I'm open to suggestions.
    you have pics to guide you as to what other possible problem there is with them.
    I have told you everything that I think might be the problem and have tried to correct it.
    Sometimes you get bad seeds and after reading on here and other websites I feel that my conclusion is the one i eventually came up with.
    I am the type of person that will do a great amount of research to what a problem might be to find a solution.
    If you feel that I could amend the soil with anything else that would not harm these seedlings and get them to grow then I'm all ears.

11. Well , since you know what you are doing . Good luck , you need it .

12. Whatever smart ass.
    You're such an expert but are not willing to give any advice.
    looks like I have the expert stumped as to what is wrong with these seedlings.
    I see your posts on other threads,all you want to do is make some smart ass remark when they're looking for help with their grow,which is what this site is for.
    Since you have no helpful advice I have come to the conclusion that you don't have any idea on what could be wrong,other then the ones I already mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This guy always has an attitude and isn't very helpful don't let him get u angry I think he's a troll. If he's not he's just very negative & smart assed. HOWEVER as much as I hate to say it, he has a point this ONCE. In my opinion you transplanted too much, too soon and backwards from "up potting". Put a fan right on them, let the soil dry out. Dryer than you would think. And I bet they'll start growing again. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thank-you.
    I appreciate your words of encouragement.
    My soil ph is at 5.0 so I do need to get the ph up some.
    I have to go get some dolomite lime to amend in to the soil.
    Other then that and what you suggest I really don't know what else to do.

15. No problem! I use soil and I just leave my tap water in an open container for at least 24 hours before watering and never have PH problems. Even with MG soil. Remember this always, Cannabis loves to dry out between waterings. Not death valley lol but pretty damn dry.