Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No gall bladder, can't get high off of edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by elbumba, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Okay, so basically as my title says. I have had my gall bladder removed and it seems that every time I eat edibles I don't really get high at all, and when other people eat the same edibles as me they get really high. However, I can get high when I smoke a little bud.

So does anyone know if the reason I don't get high at all is because of the gall bladder, or am I just getting unlucky with the edibles?

2. Id say unlucky but then again im no liscensed doctor

3. the gall bladder aids in fat digestion. THC in edibles is dissolved in the fat (butter, oil etc.), so i guess this would mean without your gall bladder you wouldn't be able to access the THC in the edibles :(

when smoking however, you absorb it through your lung tissue, so that wouldn't be effected :)

4. You could try eating something acidic with your edibles and see if that mimics the enzymes produced by the gall bladder.

5. I do not have a gall bladder and I am able to get high off of edibles. I don't have any problems getting high off of them.. It's probably just your metabolism.

6. Only a fraction of gall bladder removal patients have digestive problems as a result. What isn't a problem for you, still may be an issue for the OP. But you're right that metabolism is probably the problem, but poor metabolism can result from the gall bladder removal.

7. Wow, I totally forgot I ever posted this thread haha. But mjmama that sounds like a great idea. I think i'm going to try an edible tomorrow and take a shot of lemon juice or something with it. See how that goes?

8. There are some great tincture recipes on here that would work great for you. They are sublingual and will get into your system thru the blood vessels in your mouth. I wouldn't recommend the Dragon because it would burn like hell, but a nice glycerin tincture or honey elixir would do the trick.

9. I had my gall bladder removed last winter... Tried edibles seriously for the first time a few weeks ago and got so stoned that my eyeballs felt weird.. Then did it again a few days later with similar results and lasted 6 hours

I used the canna-peanut butter recipe, worked awesome for my old lady as well