No fucking way

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Tokeup2day, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Please excuse me for the long read, but you really need to read this, i want to know if anyone agrees. Ok I'm sitting here pretty blazed listening to dark side of the moon and I had a crazy thought. The album tells a story of someone's life. The first song says things like "run rabbit run" and "dig that hole, forget the sun" and "when at last the work is done, don't sit down its time to dig another one" this shows how he's being introduced to the human rat race, work work work. Then there's the song Time, which is about never having any time because you're do busy trying to climb the "ladder"Life is just passing right before his eyes and he knows it. His goal is to "make it in life" he's concerned about material things. He talks about time just ticking away, and wasting time. "waiting for someone or something to show you the way. "one day you'll find 10 years has gone behind you" his life just slipped by him, "he missed the starting gun" "home home again, I like to be here when I can." he's at work more than at home with his family, missing his children growing up. Then the song Money, he finally made it, he has more money than he knows what to do with, and he doesn't want anyone to touch it, "I'm alright jack keep your hands off my stack" the. The next few songs are about him living with money and luxury. Us and Them is about him forgetting what's "real" and what's material. The money has gotten to his head, he's realizing he missed his whole life working. Brain damage is obviously about him losing his mind and requiring a frontal lobotomy. "you raise the blade, you make the change, rearrange me til I'm sane" afterwards he is left as a zombie, a lifeless hollow shell. That's what the song Eclipse is about, he's alive, but there's no light. The song is about all the things he'll never see or experience again. The song ends in what sounds like a heartbeat, all he has left. Sorry for the long read, had to share

2. Wow that's crazy. He went into a lot more detail but that's more or less what I was getting at

3. #4 TreeTrunkBuddha, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    [quote name='"Tokeup2day"']Wow that's crazy. He went into a lot more detail but that's more or less what I was getting at[/quote]

Yah you pretty much covered it

I always the thought the album described the complications that come with age

When you are born the only thing you have to worry about is how to "breathe"

And as you grow older you learn about "time" and "money"

Edit: 420th post

:smoke:

4. [quote name='"airjordan420"']

Yah you pretty much covered it

I always the thought the album described the complications that come with age

When you are born the only thing you have to worry about is how to "breathe"

And as you grow older you learn about "time" and "money"[/quote]

Crazy haha. How the hell does the album coincide with wizard of oz though?

5. [quote name='"Tokeup2day"']

Crazy haha. How the hell does the album coincide with wizard of oz though?[/quote]

I guess the the film and album will correspond with each other if played together

Wiki Dark Side of the Rainbow if you want more information its pretty interesting actually

6. psychedelic rock is the best

7. [quote name='"airjordan420"']

I guess the the film and album will correspond with each other if played together

Wiki Dark Side of the Rainbow if you want more information its pretty interesting actually[/quote]

It's just seems the 2 have nothing in common, I'll have to try it

8. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']psychedelic rock is the best[/quote]

Agreed

I enjoy the doors

I get really into soft parade, but other then that I'm not a huge doors listener