No foreigners in dutch coffeeshops.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ProfessorX, Mar 31, 2012.

1. For a long time there was a discussion in holland about only letting dutch citizens enter the coffeeshops to stop drugtourism.
    Since a few days there's been an update!
    Each coffeeshops can give out 2000 ''clubcards'', and can have 2000 members, not a single one more.
    But here's the thing.. that's only in the areas ''Noord Brabant'' ''Zeeland'' and ''Limburg''.
    Those areas are near the belgian and german border. So people from around the world are still able to go to amsterdam for example and get their green.

Got a link for ya, it's only in Dutch.. so use babelfish or something for translating!
    And this is a link from the dutch government website.

Softdrugs | Drugs | Rijksoverheid.nl

2. sound! i'm going to amsterdam tomorrow. :)

3. I'm surprised they would be able to make a number like 2000 stick. I would think the owners could get the number thrown out in court.

So could a coffeeshop keep like 50 cards at the door - pass them out as you enter, collect them as you leave? All inside are card carrying members. Like a phony ID. "yes officer, my name is Stony McStonerson, just like the card says, why do you ask?"

4. yeah really, thank God Amsterdam is untouched...just got back from there and i couldnt even begin to remember how many dank strains i smoked

5. I have a wild hair that when I go to Spain soon, I will fucking book it north to Amsterdam. :bolt:

6. I go to spain for vacation regulary. If you are in south spain you can get some hashish that's unbelieveable! The quality I get there, at Malaga, is better than any coffeeshop in Amsterdam.
    If you want to make a fun trip, fly to paris instead of amsterdam. And take the expresstrain to Amsterdam from there, should take 3hours or so I think, and it has a 10minute stop at the central station of Antwerp. You have to book this in advance it's not a regular train!

A direct flight to amsterdam is alot cheaper though!

7. Speaking of Amsterdam, im going there for 420. Are there any big smoke outs or partys that are worth going to?

8. You could take the train to Antwerp in Belgium, lots of festivals there, almost thesame weedpolicy there only you can't buy it there.
    And ehm, yeah my 3 favorite coffeeshops: The greenhouse, De Dampkring, Barneys.
    All in thesame street.

Enjoy your time there.

9. Thats actually been known for quite a while. About a year ago when i asked the same question about whether tourists will still be able to visit the coffee shops, quite a few links were posted explaining that this was always just intended for the borders you mentioned, due to a lot of illegal drug trafficking in those areas. They went on to explain that everything else would remain as it normally is. But thanks for the update anyway, still good to spread the word. Peace.

10. Yeah but now they actually pulled it through, starting the 1st of may.

11. BIG Anti-'weedpass'-policy SMOKE-OUT in Amsterdam on 4-20 at 16:20PM !!

Pressrelease (Peter Lunk (yes thats me))
    1st Pressrelease:

More info: "Puff... Puff... NO PASS" Amsterdam 2012 - 420 Style Anti-Weedpass Smoke-out PROTEST!

Flyer: Official 420 Amsterdam Smoke-Out Flyer (preview)

Posters: 420 Amsterdam SmokeOut & 'Vloeitje' Posters (LARGE for PRINT)

And on 4-21 !!!

The KICK-OFF event of the 1st Annual Hempcity Haarlem "CANNALYMPICS"
    Organised by the THC (Team Haarlem Coffeeshopentrepeneurs)

More info , map of haarlem and list of 12 challenges:
    421! Haarlem, Hempcity of the Netherlands, presents: The Cannalympics!!!

Hope to see you there !!!

Greetz,
    Peter Lunk
    MrLunk's HideOut - MrLunk.Net
    webmaster of Nederlands Cannabis en Coffeeshop Nieuws - Recents

;)

12. maybe there just aren't enough dutch people truly against it.

13. Nice. So my dreams of going to Amsterdam will not be deterred. I will go there one day.

14. Thank god...if i ever win the lottery the first place I am going is amsterdam then london

15. Yes, only those provinces for now. But January 1st of next year it will be all of the Netherlands.

16. Cannabis of 15 or more % is considered/classified as a hard drug:eek:
    What is this world coming to:confused:

17. Lol then These idiots are gonna wonder why tourism suddenly halted.

Sounds like beer companies there are influencing this =]

18. Government fell this week, don't worry guys.

19. trust me fuck london spend all the time in dam haha coming from someone who goes their daily it has 0 charm and is full of wankers

20. Thank god. I was worried I would never get to experience the real Amsterdam.