No effects from eating edible weed

Discussion in 'General' started by bakedNinja, May 9, 2009.

1. #1 bakedNinja, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    Summary:
    As the summary/topic name suggest. I have tried eating edible weed (e.g. brownies, cookies) and it has never been able to give me a high.

My Background:
    I'm a fairly new to smoking, but I've built up quite a bit of a tolerance. I've been an active smoker for 3 years. Started in summer of '06. I became regular smoker about 2 years ago. To quote/rephrase from the movie "Knocked Up", my frequency of smoking is, "Not the whole time. Just in the evenings and all day every weekend.".

I would say my tolerance is up to about where I finish a quarter in a week (up to 1g to get me a good high...not really stoned high). Sometimes I can finish half in a week...it just depends on what goes on that week :)

Anyways, I've looked into different methods of consuming THC. Smoking out of a pipe was the first way I went about it. I'm not sure if the pipe was whack or if the weed was whack. But it took us (my friend and I) almost an 8th to get high. I wasn't really that high for a first timer (actually this was the second time I ever "inhaled").

Next time we blazed, he convinced me to buy a bong. Wow, the difference smoking out of the bong and the pipe at the time was like day and night. One or two hits got me stoned out of my mind. I thought my lungs were internally bleeding and filled up with sand and I was going to die. It wasn't a pleasant first time real high. But eventually all that paranoia went away after we started to play some games and my high was very very chill and I was still stoned - in a good state overall.

At another point I looked into buying a vaporizer becaues it 1) is better for your lungs 2) ismore efficient in extracting the THC. At lease those were some of the few claims that convinced me to invest in a vaporizer

Prior to buying and using a vaporizer I have on a number of ocassison tried edible weed. The first time I did it, I was already really high from smoking - at this point I still considered myself as having virgin lungs. To top it off, my friend offered me an old brownie. It was hard and crusty, but I finished it. It was no more than a 1/4th of a regular square brownie. Within about the same time frame, my friend peer pressured me into popping a vicodin or two. Shortly followed by that, we were downing some vodka. I was pretty messed up. We had some more of the vodka in the parking lot before going to the club. I was ready to fall asleep. We're in the club and my friend's girl buddy offered to buy us drinks and she and I shared a goose n tonic. I think that was the last drink I could handle. I was ready to just lay down on the floor and sleep. I was litrerally seeing double and everything was blurry. I thought it was a combination of all the things I've consumed...but I'm not doubting it, and I believe the vics + alcohol is what made me sleepy and heavy as I tried out this combination not long after...

But ever since that incident, I've tried eating weed such as in brownies, firecrackers, cookies. It has never given me any high. Not even remotely. I always end up packing a fat bowl to catch up with everybody else stoned out of their mind from eating.

Could it be because we've baked it wrong? I don't know. I eliminated that possibility based on the fact that my friend got high from eating. I knew these group of friends didn't really do it right. They made a shortcut by just grinding up the weed and mixed it up with cookie dough and baked it. Again, these had no effect on me...granted I had smoked a little prior to this.

I gave up after this because I prefer an instantenous high rather than waiting 45-90 min for it to kick in.

Last year, my friend who's made edible weed, the proper way, offered a load of brownies that they were stoned from. I tried one, I could kind of taste the weed (like usual), I ate another one just in case. After about 30-40 min I was still stone cold sober. I had an appoint with taking my car into the dealer so I had a lot of hours to kill so I figured I'll eat another two brownies on my way to the dealership. Needless to say, I was, and I came back stone cold sober.

These were baked goods from my friend. OK, I had one last brownie left, which my friend had bought for me from a med marijuana club. I ate it...and nothing....granted the club we went to looked quite shady. It was a little spot in the corner of what seemed to be a ghetto. There were loc' gang bangers outside the door "guarding". I even saw some "WANTED" or "DO NOT SERVE" pictures in the lobby where I had to sit while my friends (who has a med mj card) were going on a pot shopping spree.

I have not had any luck eating and getting high. Due to my high consumption of weed, I'd like to switch over to eating it. I know every method gives you a different high. For example, inhaling it from a vaporizer differs from inhaling it from smoking out of a pipe. I realize I inhale additoinal toxicant when smoking. Vaporizer doesn't give me a stoned (body) high, but more of a buzz high. I hear eating it will give you the stoned/body high as well as the head high...so I want to exhaust all my options on how to consume weed via eating it.

Is there something noticeable I'm doing wrong? Any tips? Has anybody else experienced this? Does this vary from individual to individual? For example, does metabolism have an impact or is a factor in whether you can get high from weed and how long it would take for it to kick in should you be able to get high from weed?

Any thoughts, tips, and insight are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks!

2. good god:eek:, you've smoked so much weed you've become completely immune to its effects, I've only seen it once before in the summer of 93, you poor, poor, bastard.

3. Good lord, if there were only less trolls like you. Last one prior to you was one in the spring of 09

4. people like you, damn. you claim to have "smoked so much" that smoking anything less than an ounce of chron doesnt even give you a buzz. not saying you said that but ive seen it before

5. haha that made me laugh :smoke:

6. You know dude i dont really get high from edibles either, its like im completely sober but it just makes me kind of stupid. Although vapes have a similar effect on me, may i suggest smoking a tiny bit about an hour after eating and you will get monster high, works for me anyways. :smoking::wave:

7. uh, i don't claim to have smoked much at all. were you high when you read my post? the first thing i said under "My Background" is "I'm fairly new to smoking". i think it's completely relevant for me to mention some background facts that may help shed some light on what i'm asking about. and yeah i've seen what you said, and what's wrong with that? what's wrong with people bringing that up? unless you have a point to make i suggest you don't speak. you'll look less ignorant when silent.

8. #8 hypnogreen, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    Well I read somewhere that ninjas cant get as high as other mythics. Trolls however, well their a whole different story.

9. Scates,

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that out. I actually end up smoking after not experiencing any effects - usually within the hour. Not sure if the high is any different.

On another note, vapes works for me but it gives me a different buzz.

10. .....the kid with 4 posts tells me not to speak. cool story. I also said "not saying you said that"

11. The kid with >80 posts is upset at the ninja with 4 posts...

12. Edited a bit but you see my point

13. when you make your brownies cook the cannabis and butter for two days under 180 degrees, and then cook the brownies themselves for like 4 or 5 hours under 180 so you get ALL the thc and cbd.

this is what i do and people in your same situation basically over dose off of a bite, and no thats not an exaguration.

14. If your point is to be immature, then you already proved it long time ago...tsk tsk...calling me kid? Take a good look at yourself. The need to resort to gay "jokes" shows a lot about your character.

I have yet to see you make a valid point. Why don't you come back and contribute to this thread when you grow up?

Of course it's a free country, so feel free to continue trolling...if that helps you get through your miserable life.

15. The need to classify jokes with the word "gay" says alot about you.. What are you some sort of kid? I expected a ninja to be a little more mature.

i think your the one that has some growing up to do...

[​IMG] = baby ninja

16. Calling people immature? Judging my life which you know no aspect of and calling it miserable just cause I called you out on your hyperbole of tolerance? Cool post

17. i havent been high frome edibles before...
    Idk, i have a high tolerance thou.

18. first of all, i vaguely remember you saying something like 'i like dicks' in your post, which is obviously way more offensive than using the word gay rather than homosexual. and your points make literally no sense, so im guessing your decently baked and just trying to start a fight for no reason. fucking troll