No cotyledons

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by TimJ, Feb 11, 2019.

1. I've never seen this before, anyone else? DSCN0024.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is it possible a leaf cutter got to it? The leaf tips look a little truncated, maybe? Dunno. Like Blix said... weird.

3. Yeah it's weird. It's a autoflower Kush. A freebee from seedsman. 2 days old.

4. Not likely, it looked this way from day one. It is 2 days old today. Taken with a macro setting on my camera. It's tiny.

5. Stem look weird like its wrapped??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Papa Puff. It almost looks like a hollow tube with just those two leaves coming out. It reminds me of a palm tree. I've had triple cotyledons. But zero, this is a first.

7. Probably some form of Fasciation mutation. The cotyledons stretched out to form this tube you see.
    Fasciation - Wikipedia
    Here is a geranium flower with fasciation, instead of petals it grew on big tubular structure.
    [​IMG]

Fasciated chrysanthemum
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. I guess it could be ScOObyDOObie. If I look under my microscope I'd see a seam then right? I'll have to look closer now. Thank you for the response.

9. IDK about a seam but the fact that the seedling is alive means the cotylodons had to be there, somewhere, to provide it with energy to grow. Also they usually turn yellow and die quickly after the first leaves start emerging, which seems to be the case with this tube thing.

10. Kinda like a snake with a split head.. Must been from all the atomic bomb test lol.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I've searched on google and can't even find another picture like this. I can't be the only one this has happened to. I did check for a seam. There is no seam. As for the cotyledons.. I wonder if there is any documented cases of a marijuana seedling having hypogeal cotyledons.

• Like Like x 1
  12. it looks like an uncircumcised cannabis weiner if'n your'n asking me pa. :hookah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. What the fuck dude.

Please keep it going!

Nice reading Scooby.

• Agree Agree x 2